Ralph Gordon Jackson1
#2607, b. March 1897, d. 8 September 1917
- Father: Alfred Jackson1 b. 29 Sep 1878, d. b 1917
- Mother: Louisa Johnson1 b. 19 Aug 1870, d. 17 Jan 1949
- Relationship: 3rd great-uncle of My granddaughter Madison :-D
- Charts: Johnson descendant chart, William WATLING descendant chart
- Birth Reg: Ralph's birth was registered in the quarter ended in March 1897 in the Great Yarmouth registration district. Child is named Johnson - Births Mar 1897, Johnson, Ralph Gordon in Yarmouth - 4b page12.1
- Death: Ralph died on 8 September 1917 in Somme, France, (Aged 20 years and 6 months, worked back from recorded birth date).2
- Burial: He was buried in 1917 in Plot 2, L 13, MAROC BRITISH CEMETERY, Nord, France.2
- Name Variation: He was also known as Ralph Gordon Johnson.
- Conclusion of, Shirley.
- Website Commonwealth War Graves Commission - Web Site (unknown url).
- Census data as per CD, Louisa JACKSON Head (crossed out by the census taker and corrected to wife), age 39, married for 22 years, Total children born and children still alive = 3, lodging house keeper, born in Necton Norfolk.
Hilda E JACKSON, daughter aged 19, single, a beatster, born in Norwich.
Geoffrey JACKSON, son aged 15, single, a wine and spirit store porter, born in Yarmouth
Ralph JACKSON son aged 14, single, in school, born in Yarmouth.
Reginald A RIGDON adopted son aged 5 months, born in Yarmouth.
Living in 6 rooms in 12 Row 96 Great Yarmouth.
Notes: Louisa registered all 3 births as JOHNSON which was her name when she was born. No father is mentioned on any of the registrations. There is NO marriage in free BMD for Louisa JOHNSON marrying anyone JACKSON at any time. Geoffrey was originally registered as Garcon Edric JOHNSON. When Hilda registered her mother's death she noted that Louisa's husband had been named Alfred JACKSON and was a fruit grower, but so far no joy in finding him.
Reginald is registered as Reginald A PEGDEN in Yarmouth in Dec 1910. - PEGDEN, Reginald A in Yarmouth page 4b/7. This is the only registration entry for birth/marriage/death for this surname in Yarmouth at any time. The type index is clearly PEGDEN, but this typed list is a human transcription of the original which is in Yarmouth, so the name may well still be RIGDON.
- Excluded||BR, "from a fellow researcher," e-mail to Shirley Elrick, various, A fellow researcher replied to an email message on a board.
- Website Commonwealth War Graves Commission - Web Site (unknown url) "Ralph Gordon Jackson
Birth Place: Gt. Yarmouth, Norfolk
Residence: Gt. Yarmouth, Norfolk
Death Date: 8 Sep 1917
Regiment: Norfolk Regiment
Battalion: 9th Battalion.
Type of Casualty: Killed in action
Theater of War: Aldershot."