#38039, b. 9 September 1791, d. September 1873
- Father: Samuel Burrage b. 1752, d. 14 Oct 1813
- Mother: Emma Bull b. 1763, d. Feb 1851
- Birth: Samuel Burrage was born on 9 September 1791 in Burgh Castle, Norfolk, England.
- Christening: He was christened on 19 September 1791 in Burgh Castle, England.
- Recd into: On 17 November 1793 Samuel Burrage was publicly received into the church after previously being privately baptised.1
- Death of Father: His father Samuel Burrage died on 14 October 1813 in Norfolk, England.
- Marriage: Samuel Burrage married Margaret Gedge, daughter of James Gedge and Margaret Taylor, on Monday, 22 April 1822 in St Nicholas' Church, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England, when they were 30 years, 7 months and 13 days ~&~ 28 years, 8 months and 1 day old. Margaret signed the register, but Samuel was illiterate. The witnesses were Henry and Abigail JEX, both of whom were also illiterate.1
- Marriage of Daughter: His child Eliza Burrage was married in September 1845 in Registration District of, Mutford, Burgh Castle, Norfolk, England.2
- Marriage of Daughter: His child Sarah Ann Burrage was married in December 1846 in Mutford, Burgh Castle, England.3
- Death of Mother: His mother Emma Bull died in February 1851 in Burgh Castle, England.
- Marriage of Daughter: His child Eliza Burrage was married in December 1858 in Registration District of, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England.4
- Death: Samuel died in July 1873 in Burgh Castle, England, aged 81 (Aged 81 years and 9 months, worked back from recorded birth date).
- Burial: He was buried on 24 July 1873 in St Peter's and St Paul's Churchyard, Burgh Castle, Norfolk, England.6
- Death Reg: Samuel's death was registered in the quarter ended in September 1873 in the Mutford, Burgh Castle registration district, aged 81. (His age calculates to 81 years and 11 months).5
- Occupation: Samuel was a Chelsea Pensioner who was blind in one eye. British Archives says there are papers for him in Chelsea Pensioners, but there is nothing in Find my past.7
Children of Samuel Burrage and Margaret Gedge
- Emily Burrage b. 29 Dec 1822
- Eliza Burrage+ b. 12 Sep 1824
- Samuel Burrage8 b. 15 Jan 1826, d. 10 Apr 1833
- Sarah Ann Burrage+ b. 20 Apr 1828, d. 20 Nov 1862
- George Burrage b. 1 Jul 1830
- Horatio Burrage b. 21 Oct 1832, d. 10 Oct 1896
- Samuel Burrage b. 1835
- Benjamin Burrage b. 27 Nov 1836, d. 10 May 1843
- Certificate or Original Parish Reg Entry, Extract from original records, downloaded.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Rudd Charles Mutford 13 715.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Clarke Joshua Mutford 13 1179.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Frankish George Yarmouth 4b 28.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Burrage Samuel 81 Mutford 4a 437.
- Free parish registers, online http://www.freereg.org.uk, Suffolk
Place Burgh Castle
Church St Peter & St Paul
BurialDate 24 Jul 1873
Abode Burgh Castle
- Research opportunities unknown file number, check next time i am with a PC that has access.
- International Genealogical Index (IGI), Name: Samuel Burrage
Baptism/Christening Date: 15 Jan 1826
Baptism/Christening Place: BURGH CASTLE,SUFFOLK,ENGLAND
Father's Name: Samuel Burrage
Mother's Name: Margaret
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: C13171-1.