#38470, b. 1838, d. June 1934
The three-bay house was built in 1766 as Cedar Lawn. It re-fronted with white stucco in the early 19th century. There are 2 Blue London Plaques, one says William CATTLEY, a Botanist 1788-1835 lived there and the other notes it was the Victoria Maternity Hospital. No mention of the 36 bed WW1 Military Hospital. It is now private apartments
- Father: Charles Culling b. 3 Mar 1809, d. Sep 1889
- Mother: Sarah Woolner b. 22 Dec 1803, d. Mar 1895
- Relationships: 2nd cousin 4 times removed of Sister Susan :-), 2nd cousin 6 times removed of My granddaughter Madison :-D, 2nd cousin 5 times removed of Cousin Sarah Louise :-)
- Charts: Culling descendant chart (#1), Culling descendant chart (#2), Culling descendent chart (new style) (#1), Culling descendent chart (new style) (#2), UTTING Henry and CULLING Lydia descendant chart, Utting Henry and CULLING Lydia Descendent Chart (new style)
- Birth: Sarah Culling was born in 1838 in Poringland, Norfolk, England.
- Marriage: She married James Culling Utting, son of Henry Utting and Lydia Culling, on Wednesday, 3 July 1895 in St Peter Mancroft, Norwich, Norfolk, England, when they were 70 years, 2 months and 6 days ~&~ 57 years old. The ceremony was witnessed by Joseph Eaglin. By License. Other witness was Lizzie EAGLING. The couple were 1st cousins.1
- Marr Reg: The marriage of Sarah and James Culling Utting was registered in the quarter ended September 1895 in the Norwich registration district. Sarah had the name of CULLING when she married so must have been single at the time. The groom was 69 and the bride 57.2
- (Widow) Death: In 1908, at the age of 70 years, Sarah was left a widow by the death of James Culling Utting.
- Death Reg: Sarah's death was registered in the quarter ended in June 1934 in the Norwich registration district, aged 97. (Her age calculates to 96 years).3
- Married Name: Her married name was Utting.
Family of Sarah Culling and James Culling Utting
- Free parish registers, online http://www.freereg.org.uk, Norfolk
Church St Peter Mancroft
MarriageDate 03 Jul 1895
GroomForename James Culling
GroomOccupation Market Gardener
GroomAbode Frammingham Pigot
BrideAbode St Peter Mancroft
GroomFatherOccupation Market Gardener (deceased)
BrideFatherOccupation Market Gardener (deceased)
Notes by licence ; witness1 signed his mark
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Utting James Culling Norwich 4b 289.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Utting Sarah 97 Norwich 4b 139.