Max Murrell Cato
#258, b. 26 September 1911, d. circa 1930
- Father: Raymond Herbert Cato b. 14 May 1883, d. 25 Jul 1949
- Mother: [Olive] Mabel Edmonds Pearce b. 1886, d. 1969
- Relationship: 4th cousin 2 times removed of My granddaughter Madison :-D
- Birth: Max Murrell Cato was born on 26 September 1911 in North Adelaide, South Australia, Australia.1
- Death: Max died circa 1930 in South Australia, Australia, Died in tragic circumstances as a young man.
- Death cause: Death was caused by CRASHED TO DEATH - Fall of 65 Feet - CITY WAREHOUSE TRAGEDY
Mr. Max Murrell Cato (20), of Bevington-road, Knoxville, was killed yesterday when be fell 65 feet from a rear window on the fifth floor at the warehouse of Goode, Durrant & Co.
* Mr. Cato fell close to the storeman (Mr. E. H. Baum), who was standing in the lane, which runs from Gawler- place. Constable Fears removed the body to the Adelaide Hospital and then to the City Morgue. The only son of Mr. R. H. Cato, who returned to Adelaide from a visit to the eastern States yesterday morning, Mr. M. M. Cato was educated at St. Peter's College, and had been employed at the warehouse of Goode, Durrant & Co. for the past 18 months. He was a junior salesman attached to the shirt department. Yesterday he started work at 830 am, and shortly afterwards had cause to visit the shirt factory, on the top floor of the building. The dining-room for members of the staff adjoins the factory. It is surmised that while looking through the window of the dining room he slipped and fell. No inquest was held.
- Find my past web sites, online http://www.findmypast.com or http://www.findmypast.com.au, First name(s) Max Murrell
Last name Cato
Birth year 1911
Birth date 26 Sep 1911
Place North Adelaide
State South Australia
Father's first name(s) Raymond Herbert
Father's last name Cato
Mother's first name(s) Olive Mabel Edmonds
Mother's last name Pearce
Registration number 872/94
Record set South Australia Births 1842-1928
Category Life Events (BDMs)
Subcategory Births & baptisms
Collections from Australia & New Zealand.