Jean (Jane) Crombie
#2974, b. 9 May 1812, d. 22 January 1880
- Relationship: 5th great-grandmother of My granddaughter Madison :-D
- Charts: Pedigree (compressed), Pedigree (paged), Pedigree (wide), Pedigree (indented), Pedigree (compressed), Pedigree (paged), Pedigree (wide), Pedigree (indented), Pedigree Chart Madison (Jackson)
- Birth: Jean (Jane) Crombie was born on 9 May 1812 in Kinross, Kinrossshire, Scotland.3,4
- Christening: She was christened on 17 May 1815 in Kinross, Scotland. On the same day as other brothers and sisters.
- Marriage: She married John Penman, son of Alexander Penman and Helen Coke, on Sunday, 19 November 1837 in Kinross, Scotland, when they were 22 years ~&~ 25 years, 6 months and 10 days old.5,3,6
- Marriage of Son: Her child Alexander Penman was married on 23 March 1860 in Primitive Methodist, Dalziel, Lanarkshire, Scotland.7
- Marriage of Daughter: Her child Jane Penman was married on 14 January 1861 in Pilmuir Street, Dunfermline, Fife, Scotland.8
- Marriage of Daughter: Her child Helen Penman was married on 13 January 1862 in Pittencrieff Street, Dunfermline, Fife, Scotland.9,3
- Marriage of Son: Her child Thomas Penman was married on 10 August 1866 in North Church, Dunfermline, Fife, Scotland.10
- Death of Mother: Her mother Jean Wright died in 1870 in Scotland.2
- Marriage of Son: Her child Robert Penman was married on 2 January 1871 in Dunfermline, Fife, Scotland.
- Marriage of Daughter: Her child Isabella Penman was married on 17 July 1873 in Wellwood Colliery, Dunfermline, Fife, Scotland.11
- Death: Jean died on 22 January 1880 in New Row, Dunfermline, Fife, Scotland, 17:30, at New Row, Dunfermline. Aged 67. Parents - Thomas Crombie, Damask winder deceased, and Jean Crombie nee Wright deceased. John Penman widower present at death, which proves that John was still alive as at 1880. (Aged 67 years, 8 months and 13 days, worked back from recorded birth date).12
- Name Variation: She was also known as Janet.
- Married Name: Her married name was Penman.3
Children of Jean (Jane) Crombie and John Penman
- BDM in Australia, Aust Vital Records 1788-1905, 1825/1768.
- Conclusion of, Shirley.
- Russell/Penman Marraiage Certificate.
- International Genealogical Index (IGI), C114628 1820 - 1855 1040204 Film 6902179.
- Certificate or Original Parish Reg Entry, Extract from original records, 8162357.
- International Genealogical Index (IGI), M114628 1819-1854 1040204 Film 6900795 Film.
- Website rootsweb (http://rootsweb.com) "Penman Alexander (1838) Marriage Elizabeth Marchbank 1860 Dalziel, Lanark, Scot
Title: Alexander Penman & Elizabeth Marchbank marriage, 23 March 1860, Primiti ve Methodist Church, Dalziel, Lanark, Scotland. Held by SR Marriage Dat abase [database online], www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk (General Register O ffice, Edinburgh, Scotland)
Page: Alexander Penman & Elizabeth March Bank Marriage 1860, GRO: 639/00, Page 5, Entry 9
Text: 1860 Marriages in the Parish of Dalziel in the County of Lanark
GRO: 639/00, Page 5, Entry 9
Marriage Date/Place: On the Twenty third day of March 1860 at Motherwel l, Dalziel
Marriage after Banns was solemnized between us according to the Forms o f the Primitive Methodist Church
Signed: Alexander Penman, 21, Res: Motherwell, Shoemaker, Bachelor
Parents: John Penman, Coal Miner, Jane Penman ms Crombie
Signed: Elizabeth Marchbank her x mark, Witness: Samuel Marchbank, Will iam Wilson, 18, Res: Motherwell, Dressmaker, Spinster
Parents: David Marchbank, Tailor, Elizabeth Marchbank ms Johnstone
Minister: Mark Moseby, Primitive Methodist Minister
Witness: Samuel Marchbank, Janet Marchbank
Registered: At Dalziel on the 30th day of March 1860, George Sneddon, R egistrar."
- Website rootsweb (http://rootsweb.com) "William Hunter and Jane Penman; 14 January 1861; 2 March 2012; Scotlands People (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk); GRO: 424/01, Page: 11, Entry: 0022; 11 November 2013; Barbara Bennett; 190 Hespeler Road; Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
Text: GRO: 424/01, Page: 11, Entry: 0022
1861 Marriages in the Burgh of Dunfermline in the County of Fife
Marriage Date/Place: 1861 January Fourteenth at Pilmuir Street, Dunferm line
After Banns according to the Forms of The Church of Scotland
Signed: William Hunter, Miner, Bachelor, 20, Wellwood Colliery, Dunferm line
Parents: Henry Hunter, Coal Miner, deceased, Rebecca Hunter ms Sneddon
Signed: Jane Penman, Spinster, 20, Townhill, Dunfermline
Parents: John Penman, Coal Miner, Jean Penman ms Crombie
Minister" James M. Rose, Minister
Witness: Joseph Hunter, Alex Penman
Registered: 1861 January 16th at Dunfermline, Robert Wilson, Assistant R egistrar, Wm Wilson, Registrar."
- Marriage Certificate.
- BDM, British Isles Vital Record CD, PENMAN, Thomas Age: 21 Marriage
Wife: Helen ROBERTSON Age: 21
Marriage Date: 10 Aug 1866 Recorded in: Dunfermline, Fifeshire, Scotland
Collection: North Church
Source: FHL Film 889489 Dates: 1851 - 1902.
- Website rootsweb (http://rootsweb.com) "Penman one name study - GRO: 424/02, Page: 16, Entry 32
1873 Marriages in the Parish of Dunfermline in the County of Fife
Marriage Date/Place: 1873 on the Seventeenth day of July at Wellwood Co lliery, Dunfermline
After Banns according to the Forms of the Church of Scotland
Signed: Thomas Drummond, Coal Miner, Bachelor, 20, Townhill, Dunfermlin e
Parents: John Drummond, Coal Miner and Janet Drummond ms Ramage
Signed: Isabella Penman, Power Loom Weaver, Spinster, 23, Wellwood Coll iery, Dunfermline
Parents: John Penman, Coal Miner, and Helen Penman ms Mitchell
Minister: James M. Rose, Minister of St Andrews, Dunfermline
Witness: John Guthrie, Catherine Penman
Registered: 1873 July 19 at Dunfermline, Rob't Wilson, Assistant Regist rar, Wm. Wilson, Registrar."
- Certificate or Original Parish Reg Entry, Extract from original records, downloaded.
- Find my past web sites, online http://www.findmypast.com or http://www.findmypast.com.au, First name(s) John
Last name Penman
Marital status Married
Birth year 1815
Occupation Coal Miner
Birth town Linlithgow
Birth town as transcribed LINLITHGOW
Birth county Linlithgowshire (West Lothian)
Birth county as transcribed LINLITHGOWSHIRE (WEST LOTHIAN)
Birth place (other) Scotland
Birth place other as transcribed -
Street Beveridge Well
City or borough -
Municipal ward -
Parliamentary borough -
Registration district Dunfermline
Enumeration district 16
Archive reference RG09
Piece number -
Folio number -
Page number -
Family member last name PENMAN
Family member first name(s) THOMAS, JOHN, HELEN, JEAN, ROBERT
Record set 1861 England, Wales & Scotland Census
Category Census, Land & Surveys
Collections from United Kingdom.
- International Genealogical Index (IGI), C114104 1820-1854 1040150 Film 6900758 Film.
- International Genealogical Index (IGI), C114241 1855-1875 6035516 REGISTER Film 6900808 Film.