Percy Raymond Giles1
#40682, b. June 1883, d. 9 May 1939
- Father: George William Giles1 b. 1840, d. 6 Jun 1898
- Mother: Anna Elizabeth Lovewell Blake1 b. 1848, d. Dec 1930
- Relationship: 1st cousin of Garson Henry Lovewell Blake :possibly Garson Edric JOHNSON's (later Geoffrey JACKSON) natural father?
- Charts: Blake (Essex) descendant chart, Blake descendant chart
- Birth Reg: Percy's birth was registered in the quarter ended in June 1883 in the Great Yarmouth registration district.1
- Death of Father: His father George William Giles died on 6 June 1898 in Union Mills, Isle of Man, England.2,3
- Marriage: Percy Raymond Giles married Hilda May Riches on Saturday, 12 October 1912 in Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England.4
- Marr Reg: The marriage of Percy and Hilda May Riches was registered in the quarter ended December 1912 in the Great Yarmouth registration district.4
- Death: Percy died on 9 May 1939 in General Hospital, Ramsgate, Kent, England, Jeremy says this was the 2nd (Aged 55 years and 11 months, worked back from recorded birth date).4,5
- Probate: His estate was probated on 13 July 1939. His executor was National Provincial Bank. The Estate was valued at £3,061.
- Occupation: Percy was a clerk.
- Residence: In 1939 Percy Raymond lived in Bank House, Madeira Walk, Ramsgate, Kent, England.5
Family of Percy Raymond Giles and Hilda May Riches
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, GILES Percy Raymond Yarmouth 4b 13.
- International Genealogical Index (IGI), England, Norfolk Parish Registers, 1538-1900
Yarmouth St Nicholas
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1966 about George William Giles
Name: George William Giles
Probate Date: 3 Oct 1898
Death Date: 6 Jun 1898
Death Place: Suffolk, England
- Jeremy Giles, "Jeremy Giles email," e-mail from e-mail address, various.
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "Name: Percy Raymond Giles
Probate Date: 13 Jul 1939
Death Date: 9 May 1939
Death Place: Ramsgate, Kent, England
Registry: London, England
Ancestry.com. England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1966 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2010.
Original data: Principal Probate Registry. Calendar of the Grants of Probate and Letters of Administration made in the Probate Registries of the High Court of Justice in England. London, England © Crown copyright."