Rosalie Florence Clark
#274, b. 1858, d. before 1929
- Birth: Rosalie Florence Clark was born in 1858 in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
- Marriage: She married Henry Cox 'Harry' Cato, son of William Cato and Rosetta Coggin, on Thursday, 2 October 1879 in Argyle St, Wellington, New Zealand, when they were 22 years, 9 months and 1 day ~&~ 21 years old.
- Divorce: Rosalie Florence Clark and Henry Cox 'Harry' Cato were divorced on 1 June 1900; As reported in the Sydney Morning Herald -
Mr. Harold T. Morgan appeared for tho petitioner, Rosina Florence Cato, formerly Clark, who asked for a divorce from her husband, Harry Cox Cato, on the grounds of his desertion of her, his habitual
drunkenness, and his cruelty towards her. The parties to the suit ware married according to the rites of the United Methodist Church, at Wellington,
New Zealand, on October 2, 1879. There was no appearance of the respondent. This case had been commenced on the previous day, but adjourned on
account of the absence of a witness. Further evidence was now called, and his Honor being satisfied that the petitioner was entitled to the relief she asked for granted the decree nisi, making it returnable in three months. Petitioner to have custody of her youngest child, and respondent co pay petitioner's costs of the suit. Sydney Morning Herald
There is also a story that comes about from a libel case in NSW newspapers in August 1899. The stories need a lot of editing as the OCR scan is very poor, but it would make interesting reading for anyone closely related, and therefore worth the effort.
- Death: Rosalie died before 1929, as she was styled 'late mother' when her daughter married.
- Married Name: Her married name was Cato.