Eliot Watson Blake
#45760, b. 1888, d. 29 July 1958
- Father: Alfred Starling Blake b. 1848, d. Mar 1892
- Mother: Rhoda Sarah Nicholson b. 1854, d. 9 Jul 1927
- Relationship: 2nd cousin of Garson Henry Lovewell Blake :possibly Garson Edric JOHNSON's (later Geoffrey JACKSON) natural father?
- Charts: Blake (Essex) descendant chart, Blake descendant chart
- Birth: Eliot Watson Blake was born in 1888 in Gosport, Hampshire, England.
- Marr Reg: The marriage of Eliot and Hilda Margery Wright was registered in the quarter ended June 1924 in the St George Hanover Sq registration district.1
- Death of Mother: His mother Rhoda Sarah Nicholson died on 9 July 1927 in Willias Road, Gosport, Hampshire, England.2
- Death: Eliot died on 29 July 1958 in Plantation Nursing Home, 30 Christchurch Road, Norwich, Norfolk, England, (Aged 70 years, worked back from recorded birth date).
- Probate: His estate was probated on 27 November 1958. Hilda Margery Wright was the administrator and/or the beneficiary. Probate to Hilda Margery BLAKE, a widow. The Estate was valued at £17,081.3
- Occupation: Eliot was a medical student in 1911.
- Directory: He was listed in a directory issued in 1927 as a Physician and Surgeon. his address was Oakley House, Acle, Norfolk, England.
- Residence: In 1953 Eliot Watson lived in 17 Bramber Road, Seaford, Sussex, England.
- Journey: He and Eleanor May Blake traveled to in Southampton, Hampshire, England, arriving 9 October 1953 on the ship Athlone Castle They boarded the ship in Capetown, but this looks to have been a short stay in South Africa.4
- Residence: In 1958 Eliot Watson lived in 468 Unthank Road, Norwich, Norfolk, England.
Family of Eliot Watson Blake and Hilda Margery Wright
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Wright Hilda M Blake St.Geo.H.Sq. 1a 953.
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "
England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1861-1941 about Rhoda Sarah Blake
Name: Rhoda Sarah Blake
Probate Date: 9 Sep 1927
Death Date: 9 Jul 1927
Death Place: Hampshire, England
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1966 about Eliot Watson Blake
Name: Eliot Watson Blake
Probate Date: 27 Nov 1958
Death Date: 29 Jul 1958
Death Place: Norwich
Registry: Winchester, England."
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "UK Incoming Passenger Lists, 1878-1960 about Eliot Blake
Name: Eliot Blake
Birth Date: abt 1887
Port of Departure: Durban, South Africa
Arrival Date: 9 Oct 1953
Port of Arrival: Southampton, England
Ports of Voyage: Durban
Ship Name: Athlone Castle
Search Ship Database: View the 'Athlone Castle' in the 'Passenger Ships and Images' database
Shipping Line: Union-Castle Mail Steamship Company Ltd
Official Number: 164525."
- Misc web sites, online see Citation Detail, Eliot Blake
319-398-4998 x 5762
Cedar Hall 3017
Eliot Blake is a refugee from Washington, D.C., where he practiced media law, later going on to litigate on behalf of environmental groups. A member of the State Bar of Georgia, Eliot has a B.A. in Government from Georgetown University in Washington, D.C., a J.D. from Emory University School of Law in Atlanta, Georgia (his hometown), and a Ph.D. in American Studies from the University of Iowa. He has lived in Iowa since 1993 and currently shares a home with his husband, their daughter, and all of their daughter's Dora the Explorer-related paraphernalia.