Arthur William Blake1
#45774, b. December 1884, d. 1 July 1916
- Relationship: 1st cousin of Garson Henry Lovewell Blake :possibly Garson Edric JOHNSON's (later Geoffrey JACKSON) natural father?
- Charts: Blake (Essex) descendant chart, Blake descendant chart
- Birth Reg: Arthur's birth was registered in the quarter ended in December 1884 in the Gateshead registration district.1
- Death: Arthur died on 1 July 1916 in France (Aged 31 years and 7 months, worked back from recorded birth date).2
- Burial: He was buried in 1917 in Pier and Face 10 B 11 B and 12 B of the memorial, Thiepval, Somme, France.
- Occupation: Arthur was a solicitor's clerk, and later a cashier for an asbestos manufacturer.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Blake Arthur William Gateshead 10a 890.
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "UK, Soldiers Died in the Great War, 1914-1919 about Arthur William Blake
Name: Arthur William Blake
Birth Place: Gateshead-on-tyne
Death Date: 1 Jul 1916
Death Location: France & Flanders
Enlistment Location: Newcastle-on-tyne
Regiment: Northumberland Fusiliers
Battalion: 16th Battalion
Type of Casualty: Killed in action
Theatre of War: Western European Theatre."