#49322, b. 1844, d. December 1906
In 1851, William was with his mother and grandmother living in Pipe Office Lane (which is just to the right of The Rose of Bengal). William was much later the publican of the Jolly Crispin, which is just to the left.
- Mother: Harriett Woodcock b. 1824, d. Sep 1885
- Birth: William Woodcock was born in 1844 in Boston, Lincolnshire, England, William Woodcock had two brothers Charles, a fruit merchant born in Boston, Linc. England born in 1855 and Thomas Woodcock, a Seed Crusher born in Boston, Linc. England in 1860. They resided at 17 Lincoln Lane in 1881.1
- Christening: He was christened on 26 December 1844 in St Botolph's Church, Boston, Lincolnshire, England.2
- Marr Reg: The marriage of William and Mary Ann Simpson was registered in the quarter ended December 1867 in the Leek registration district.1,3
- (Widow) Death: In 1883, at the age of 39 years, William was left a widower by the death of Mary Ann Woodcock.1
- Marriage: William Woodcock married Martha Bemrose on Tuesday, 22 January 1884 in Boston, England, when they were 37 years ~&~ 40 years old.4,5
- Marr Reg: The marriage of William and Martha Bemrose was registered in the quarter ended March 1884 in the Boston registration district.4
- (Widow) Death Reg: By the death of Martha Woodcock, William became a widower in the quarter ended September 1895. He was 51 years at the time.6
- Marr Reg: The marriage of William and Selina Julia A H F Mason was registered in the quarter ended March 1898 in the Boston registration district.7
- Marriage of Daughter: His child Carrie Elizabeth Woodcock was married in December 1900 in Registration District of, Boston, Lincolnshire, England.8
- Burial: William Woodcock was buried on 27 November 1906 in St Botolph's Churchyard, Boston, Lincolnshire, England.1
- Death Reg: William's death was registered in the quarter ended in December 1906 in the Boston registration district. (His age calculates to 62 years).9
- Occupation: William was a publican.
- Directory: He was listed in a directory issued in 1889 as a beer retailer. Note that Charles, who had the Victoria Inn close by, was NOT listed. his address was 71 West Street, Boston, Lincolnshire, England.10
Family of William Woodcock and Martha Bemrose
Children of William Woodcock and Selina Julia A H F Mason
- Lynda Mitchell Reynolds, "Lynda Mitchell Reynolds," e-mail to Shirley Elrick, Oct 2012, masonwoodcock3.doc.
- International Genealogical Index (IGI), https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/NF96-455
name: William Woodcock
baptism/christening date: 26 Dec 1844
baptism/christening place: St. Botolph's, Boston, Lincoln, England
mother's name: Harriet Woodcock
indexing project (batch) number: I02288-1
system origin: England-EASy
source film number: 1542031
reference number: 1649
Collection: "England, Births and Christenings, 1538-1975," William Woodcock, 1844.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, SIMPSON Mary Ann Leek 6b 394.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Bemrose Martha Boston 7a 516.
- Alison Storey, "Alison Storey," e-mail to Shirley Elrick, Oct 2012, January 22nd 1884
William Woodcock, 40 years, widower, Publican, of Church Street, Boston, father = Thomas (deceased), shoemaker
Martha Bemrose, 38 years, spinster, of Church Street, Boston, father = Joseph Bemrose, wheelwright
Both are able to sign their names
in the presence of (the names are indistinct but I think they are) Marie Davidson (I can find a Mary A Davidson in the census records, right age to be a friend, living in the right area) and Eli Parkes Hardy (this was very indistinct and I can't match it to a likely person.).
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Woodcock Martha 49 Boston 7a 265.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Mason Selina Julia A H F Boston 7a 530.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Albert Frank and Woodcock Carrie Elizabeth Boston 7a 936.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, WOODCOCK William 62 Boston 7a 254.
- Misc web sites, online see Citation Detail, http://www.historicaldirectories.org
This is search view for: Kelly's Directory of Lincolnshire, 1889.
- Lynda Mitchell Reynolds, "Lynda Mitchell Reynolds," e-mail to Shirley Elrick, Oct 2012, masonwoodcock3.doc - says, Kathleen “Kitty” Louisa Woodcock was born on August 28, 1900 at Boston, Linc. England. Her parents are listed as Selina Julia A.H.F. Woodcock formerly Mason and William Woodcock.