#49376, b. 1755, d. June 1845
- Birth: Susannah (?) was born in 1755.
- Marriage: She married John Cropper before 1796. Possibly 31st Jan 1794 in Sleaford.
- Marriage of Daughter: Her child Millicent Cropper was married on 9 November 1818 in St Botolph's Church, Boston, Lincolnshire, England.1,2
- Death Reg: Susannah's death was registered in the quarter ended in June 1845 in the Boston registration district. (Her age calculates to 90 years).3
- Burial: She was buried on 29 June 1845 in St Botolph's Churchyard, Boston, Lincolnshire, England.4
- Married Name: Her married name was Cropper.
- International Genealogical Index (IGI), https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/V5VH-21B
groom's name: William Woodcock
groom's birth date:
bride's name: Millicent Cropper
bride's birth date:
marriage date: 09 Nov 1818
marriage place: Boston,Lincoln,England
groom's father's name:
groom's mother's name:
bride's father's name:
bride's mother's name:
groom's marital status:
groom's previous wife's name:
bride's marital status:
bride's previous husband's name:
indexing project (batch) number: M01133-1
system origin: England-ODM
source film number: 0599502 IT 2, 0599503 IT 2, 421932, 421933, 421934
Collection: "England, Marriages, 1538–1973 ," William Woodcock, 1818.
- Free parish registers, online http://www.freereg.org.uk, Lincolnshire
Church St Botolph
MarriageDate 09 Nov 1818
- Find my past web sites, online http://www.findmypast.com or http://www.findmypast.com.au, Civil Registration event: Death
Name: CROPPER, Susanna
Registration district: Boston
Year of registration: 1845
Quarter of registration: Apr-May-Jun
Volume no: 14
Page no: 178.
- Burials in Britain, DB - National Burial Index (Britain).
- Free parish registers, online http://www.freereg.org.uk, email as sent to Lynda and Alison
Is it possible she is the Hannah CROPPER who was buried in St Botolph's at the age of 90 on 29th June 1845? If she is there may be a headstone? and with any luck others on it too. No John of likely age found in St Botolph's, and Donington is not on the NBI CD, nor in Freereg. If this is her, and the age does match up, then it will pay to keep in mind this alternative name. Of course, the most likely thing is that the burial details are incorrect
I have a possible marriage for us to ponder upon -
Church St Denys
MarriageDate 31 Jan 1794
GroomParish New Sleaford
BrideParish New Sleaford
Notes By Licence 2nd Wit X mark
You will notice that it is by licence.
There are a large number of CROPPER births in Sleaford in freereg. If you do decide this IS your John and Susannah, then I think you will be able to take this family back a couple of more generations via free reg.
Christeneings - John (1746) and a George (1749), whose father is George in both cases, and mother not mentioned. There is also a John (1775), son of John and Frances (which would make him much younger than his wife).
This John and Susannah had Samuel in 1795 in Sleaford, then no more children of this couple chr in Sleaford. Even though Susannah's maiden name is not mentioned, I believe that the date of the christening, lack of any christenings to a couple with this name prior and post to this date, and the date of the marriage, are enough to confirm the link.
The Sleaford CROPPERs have Millicent as a given name appearing at regular intervals from 1700.
The next christening is our Millicent 1796 in Donington. Donington is mid-way, and a little south, between Boston and Sleaford, say about 15 miles. Mother's maiden name not mentioned.
The next Chr in Free reg is Elizabeth 7th Dec 1804, daughter of John and Susannah CROPPER nee HARRIMAN, in Boston. Getting the mothers maiden name means this is looking quite good.
No more hits in free reg, so I looked for a death of a John any time after 1803 - and I recon I found him!!
John CROPPER, aged 59, was buried in Sleaford 5th June 1805. According to Freereg, he died in Lincoln. This would of course make him the elder of the 2 John's above - BUT it does NOT prove that he was the one who married Susannah. ONE POINT IN FAVOUR - I found the death of the younger John (1775) as a child in 1778
Church St Denys
BurialDate 05 Jun 1805
Notes Aged 59