#5215, b. 1826, d. before 2 June 1892
- Father: George Ashton b. c 1768, d. 17 Jul 1854
- Mother: Ann Cockerill b. c 1793, d. 26 May 1867
- Birth: Hugh Ashton was born in 1826.1
- Marriage: He married Elizabeth Ellis, daughter of William Henry Ellis and Harriett Vincent, on Saturday, 8 January 1859 in Hobart, Tasmania, Australia, when they were 33 years ~&~ 24 years and 20 days old.1,2,3
- (Witness) Death: He witnessed the death of Elizabeth Ellis on 17 October 1875 in Richmond, Tasmania, Australia.3,4
- Marriage: Hugh Ashton married Elizabeth Esther Johnson in 1887 in Green Ponds, Tasmania, Australia.5
- Death: Hugh died before 2 June 1892 in Green Ponds, Tasmania, Australia.3
- Burial: He was buried on 3 June 1892 in St Mary's Cemetery, Kempton, Tasmania, Australia.6
- Residence: In April 1888 Hugh lived in Lindisferne, Richmond, Tasmania, Australia. Right to vote was the fact he was the executor of the will of the late E Goodwin.7
- Will: Hugh Ashton left a will in 1892 in Tasmania, Australia, Ashton Hugh 1892 AD960/20 56 4282
no copy required.8
Children of Hugh Ashton and Elizabeth Ellis
- Conclusion of, Shirley.
- BDM in Australia, Aust Vital Records 1788-1905, 1859/101.
- Tasmanian Family Link, online http://www.eos.tased.edu.au/pioneers/taslink3
- Trove - Australian Newspapers on line, online http://trove.nla.gov.au
- Tasmanian Archives database.
- Memorial Inscriptions in Tasmania Index of TAMIOT in Tasmania, by unknown, A:GP04/02028-0.
- Harrismith headstones, online http://www.ozburials.com/CemsWA/Wickepin/harrismith.htm, Richmond voters roll.
- Tasmanian Wills 1825 - 1915, online http://digital.statelibrary.tas.gov.au, 1892 AD960/20 56 4282.
- International Genealogical Index (IGI), Film Number: 2034844.