#49639, b. 28 September 1815, d. 11 June 1891
- Relationship: 4th cousin 7 times removed of My granddaughter Madison :-D
- Christening: George Chugg was christened on 28 September 1815 in Ilfracombe, Devon, England.1,2
- Marriage: He married Jane Clogg on Saturday, 15 March 1851 in Wesleyan Chapel, Ilfracombe?, Devon, England, when they were 40 years ~&~ 35 years, 5 months and 15 days old. Confirmed bride's name from the newspaper report of the marriage.3
- Death of Father: His father John Chugg died on 28 June 1858 in Ilfracombe, England.4
- (Admin_beneficiary_2) Probate: In 1858 George Chugg became one of the administrators named in the probate documents of John Chugg; The estate was valued at £100.
- (Widow) Death Reg: By the death of Jane Chugg, George became a widower in the quarter ended March 1884. He was 68 years and 5 months at the time; Said to be 79?5
- Marr Reg: The marriage of George and Elizabeth Kiff was registered in the quarter ended December 1884 in the Barnstaple registration district.6
- Death: George died on 11 June 1891 in Highfield House, Ilfracombe, Devon, England, (Aged 75 years, 8 months and 14 days, worked back from recorded birth date).7
- Burial: He was buried on 15 June 1891 in Mortehoe, Devon, England.8
- Probate: His estate was probated on 24 September 1891. Thomas Chugg was the administrator and/or the beneficiary. The estate was valued at £303.
- Occupation: George was a gardener.
Family of George Chugg and Elizabeth Kiff
- Find my past web sites, online http://www.findmypast.com or http://www.findmypast.com.au, Parish Record Collection - Baptism Record
Father's Forename: John
Mother's Forename: Jane
Father's Occupation: Yeoman
Town Or City:
Record source: Devon Baptisms - Transcripts
Data provider: Devon Family History Society.
- Parish register entries 1813-1837 printed index, by unknown, printout of burials supplied by DFHS.
- Find my past web sites, online http://www.findmypast.com or http://www.findmypast.com.au, British Newspapers 1710-1950
Publication:North Devon Journal
Publication date:Thursday 20 March 1851
Article text:"Oilman, Mr. George Chugg, ofKerpit Farra,j in the parish of Iltracombe, yeoman, to Miss Jane' Clogg, of I Marwood.
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1966 about John Chugg
Name: John Chugg
Probate Date: 14 Oct 1858
Death Date: 28 Jun 1858
Death Place: Devon, England
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Chugg Jane 79 Barnstaple 5b 330.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, KIFF Elizabeth Barnstaple 5b 887.
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1966 about George Chugg
Name: George Chugg
Probate Date: 24 Sep 1891
Death Date: 11 Jun 1891
Death Place: Devon, England
- Find my past web sites, online http://www.findmypast.com or http://www.findmypast.com.au, First name(s) George
Last name Chugg
Birth year 1816
Death year 1891
Burial year 1891
Burial date 15 Jun 1891
Burial place Mortehoe
Archive South West Heritage Trust
Archive reference 3834A/PR/1/6
Record set Devon Burials
Category Life Events (BDMs)
Subcategory Deaths & burials
Collections from United Kingdom.
- Free parish registers, online http://www.freereg.org.uk, Devon
Place East Down
Church St John
BaptismDate 21 Jun 1868
Forename Mary Anne