#50164, b. 29 December 1812, d. June 1900
- Relationship: 4th cousin 7 times removed of My granddaughter Madison :-D
- Birth: George Chugg was born on 29 December 1812 in Mortehoe, Devon, England.2
- Death of Father: His father John Chugg died on 3 September 1836.3
- Marriage: George Chugg married Mary Parminter on Tuesday, 14 July 1840 in West Down, Devon, England, when they were 27 years, 6 months and 15 days ~&~ 25 years old. On the certificate the Groom's father was said to be George, a farmer from Morthoe. His father was not named in the newspaper report of the marriage, where he was said to be from Morthoe. Certainly George's father was long dead by the time he married.4
- Marr Reg: The marriage of George and Mary Parminter was registered in the quarter ended September 1840 in the Barnstaple registration district.4
- Marriage of Daughter: His child Mary Elizabeth Chugg was married in March 1868 in Registration District of, Barnstaple, Devon, England.5
- (Widow) Death: In 1869, at the age of 56 years and 26 days, George was left a widower by the death of Mary Parminter.6,7
- Marriage of Son: His child John Chugg was married in December 1875 in Registration District of, Tiverton, Devon, England.8
- (Admin_beneficiary) Probate: In 1878 George Chugg became the administrator and/or the beneficiary named in the probate documents of John Chugg; The estate was valued at £1,500.9
- Marriage: George Chugg married Henrietta Coates, daughter of John Coates and Mary (?), on Tuesday, 16 August 1881 in St Charles Church?, Plymouth, Devon, England, when they were 68 years, 7 months and 18 days ~&~ 53 years old.10
- Marr Reg: The marriage of George and Henrietta Coates was registered in the quarter ended September 1881 in the Plymouth registration district.1
- Death: George died on 20 May 1900 in St Brannacks House, St Brannocks Road, Ilfracombe, Devon, England, (Aged 87 years, 4 months and 21 days, worked back from recorded birth date).7,11
- Burial: He was buried on 23 May 1900 in A vault in, Mortehoe, Devon, England.2
- Death Reg: George's death was registered in the quarter ended in June 1900 in the Barnstaple registration district, This man died 20th May 1900, and his estate was valued at £7,931. His executors were George Carpenter CHUGG, Ironmonger and Richard Westren PARNELL, merchant. (His age calculates to 87 years and 5 months).12
- Probate: His estate was probated in 1900. The estate was valued at £7,931. His executors were George Carpenter CHUGG, Ironmonger and Richard Westren PARNELL, merchant.
- Occupation: George was a farmer, with 150 acres in 1851.
- Residence: In 1839 George lived in Ozzaborough Farm, West Down or Mortehoe, Devon, England. From Ann the in line parish clerk for Georgeham -
There was an entry for a George Chugg, famer, in Mortehoe in White’s 1850 Directory. I see there was a George Chugg in the 1839 Tithe Apportionments for Mortehoe; the land Ossaburrow was owned by Earl Fortescue and occupied by a George Chugg. This land comprised 125 acres, 3 roods, 1 perch and was charged £14.1s.3d.
Children of George Chugg and Mary Parminter
Family of George Chugg and Henrietta Coates
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, COATS Henrietta Plymouth 5b 422.
- Max Chugg, "eMail from Max Chugg Tasmania," e-mail to Shirley Elrick, various, A vault at St Marys Mortehoe records the death of George Chugg on 20 May 1900 aged 87.
- Find my past web sites, online http://www.findmypast.com or http://www.findmypast.com.au, Parish Record Collection - Burial Record
Town Or City:
Record source: Devon Burials - Transcripts
Data provider: Devon Family History Society.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, CHUGG George Barnstaple 10 51.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Langdon James Richard Barnstaple 5b 807.
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1966 about Mary Chugg
Name: Mary Chugg
Probate Date: 19 Nov 1907
Death Date: 24 Jan 1869
Death Place: Devon, England
Registry: London, England."
- Gravestone Photographic Resource, online http://www.gravestonephotos.com/, Thomas Chugg first name on this monument 1842 1868 26 4103 293662 505 Died 16 nov
John Chugg brother of Thomas Chugg 1849 1878 29 died jan 17
George Chugg father of Thomas Chugg 1813 1900 87 died may 20 late of ossaborough
Mary Chugg mother of Thomas Chugg 1816 1869 53 Died 24 jan
Henrietta Chugg 1828 1911 83 died feb 1; father john coats of luscott braunton
Elizabeth Langdon 1869 1876 7 Died 5 march daughter of james richard langdon
George Henry Langdon 1870 1871 1 died 29th jan son of james richard langdon
James Richard Langdon 1835 1870 35 Died 2? nov
Mary Langdon 1868 age 6 weeks - died 25th nov grandaughter of george and mary chugg
Mary Elizabeth Langdon 1841 1880 39 Died 18 nov wife of james richard langdon.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Chugg John Tiverton 5b 773.
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1966 about John Chugg
Name: John Chugg
Probate Date: 6 Mar 1878
Death Date: 17 Jan 1878
Death Place: Devon, England
- Parish register entries 1813-1837 printed index, by unknown, printout of burials supplied by DFHS - as d/of of John and Jane.
- Find my past web sites, online http://www.findmypast.com or http://www.findmypast.com.au, North Devon Journal 2 February 1911.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Chugg George 87 Barnstaple 5b 340.
- Gravestone Photographic Resource, online http://www.gravestonephotos.com/, Thomas Chugg grave monument in St Mary’s Church burial ground, Mortehoe, Devon, England
Thomas Chugg grave monument: legible names and details
full name burial
year age birth
1868 26 1842 first name on monument
1878 29 1849 brother of Thomas Chugg
1900 87 1813 father of Thomas Chugg
1869 53 1816 mother of Thomas Chugg
Mary Elizabeth Langdon
1880 39 1841 relationship not given of Thomas Chugg
1876 7 1869 relationship not given of Thomas Chugg
George Henry Langdon
1871 1 1870 relationship not given of Thomas Chugg
James Richard Langdon
1870 35 1835 relationship not given of Thomas Chugg
1868 relationship not given of Thomas Chugg
Henrietta Chugg nee Coats
1911 83 1828 relationship not given of Thomas Chugg.