#51719, b. 27 March 1797, d. December 1867
- Relationships: 2nd cousin 5 times removed of Sister Susan :-), 2nd cousin 7 times removed of My granddaughter Madison :-D, 2nd cousin 6 times removed of Cousin Sarah Louise :-)
- Birth: John Aldis was born on 27 March 1797 Named as a brother of Thomas who was married to Pheobe Cleveland WOODS in probate docs.1
- Christening: He was christened on 6 August 1797 in St Michael's Church, Beccles, Suffolk, England.1
- Death of Mother: His mother Susanna Waites died on 7 September 1807 in Suffolk, England.
- Marriage: John Aldis married Sarah Brown on Sunday, 29 July 1827 in St Nicholas' Church, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England. The ceremony was witnessed by Thomas Aldis. 2nd Witness was Mary Ann WOODS.2
- Death of Father: His father William Aldis died on 16 September 1844 in England.3
- Marriage of Son: His child John Brown Aldis was married in December 1862 in Registration District of, Norwich, Norfolk, England.4
- (Admin_beneficiary_2) Probate: In 1864 John Aldis became one of the administrators named in the probate documents of Thomas Aldis; The estate was valued at £4,000. A third administrator is mentioned, William WOODS of Lowestoft. See web story for the issues.
- Death: John died on 15 November 1867 in Norwich, Norfolk, England, (Aged 70 years, 7 months and 19 days, worked back from recorded birth date).5
- Death Reg: John's death was registered in the quarter ended in December 1867 in the Norwich registration district. (His age calculates to 70 years and 8 months).6
- Probate: His estate was probated on 13 March 1868. The estate was valued at £1,000, and his executors were Thomas BRIGHTWEN and Robert Harry Inglis PALGRAVE, both of Great Yarmouth.5
- Occupation: John was a cashier in a bank.
- Residence: In 1864 John lived in Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England.
Children of John Aldis and Sarah Brown
- Beccles Parish Records, St Michael's Beccles BMD, Aug 6 JOHN s/o William and Susan ALDIS (late WAITES) bn Mar 27 1797 Blacksmith.
- Free parish registers, online http://www.freereg.org.uk, Norfolk
Place Great Yarmouth
Church St Nicholas
MarriageDate 29 Jul 1827
WitnessTwoForename Mary Ann
- Memorial Inscriptions of Suffolk, Memorial Inscriptions of Suffolk, 13. Sacred / to the memory of / WILLIAM ALDIS / who died the 16th.day / of September
1844 / aged 90 years / Also MARY his wife / who died the 26th.day / of February 1846 / aged 84
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Aldis John Brown Norwich 4b 208.
- Website Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations),1861-1941 (http://search.ancestry.com.au) "Scans of original documents or registers consulted."
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Aldis John 70 Norwich 4b 110.
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com).