#51843, b. 1812, d. September 1869
- Relationships: 1st cousin 5 times removed of Sister Susan :-), 1st cousin 7 times removed of My granddaughter Madison :-D, 1st cousin 6 times removed of Cousin Sarah Louise :-)
- Birth: John Aldis was born in 1812 in Halesworth, Suffolk, England.
- Marriage: He married Anne Willson on Friday, 15 April 1836 in Blythborough, Suffolk, England, when they were 24 years ~&~ 24 years old.1
- (Widow) Death: In 1843, at the age of 31 years, John was left a widower by the death of Anne Willson.
- Marriage: John Aldis married Matilda Loyns, daughter of Samuel Loynes and Rebecca (?), on Thursday, 1 May 1845 in St Michael's Church, Beccles, Suffolk, England, when they were 26 years ~&~ 33 years old. by Licence.2
- Marr Reg: The marriage of John and Matilda Loyns was registered in the quarter ended June 1845 in the Wangford registration district.3
- Death of Father: His father John Aldis died on 26 March 1852 in Halesworth, England.4
- Marriage of Son: His child John Willson Aldis was married on 31 July 1862 in Walton on the Hill parish church, Everton, Liverpool, Lancashire, England.5
- Death of Mother: His mother Elizabeth Augusta (?) died in 1869 in Great Broughton, Cheshire, England.
- Death Reg: John's death was registered in the quarter ended in September 1869 in the Liverpool registration district, No probate. (His age calculates to 57 years).6
- Occupation: John was a grocer and draper, and a straw bonnet dealer and milliner when in Liverpool. A draper of Halesworth when he married for the 2nd time. By 1861 he was a debt collector's accountant.
- Directory: He was listed in a directory issued in 1824 as a Grocer. his address was Halesworth, Suffolk, England.7
Children of John Aldis and Anne Willson
- International Genealogical Index (IGI), Name: John Aldis
Spouse's Name: Anne Willson
Spouse's Birth Date:
Event Date: 15 Apr 1836
Event Place: Blythburgh,Suffolk,England
Spouse's Father's Name:
Spouse's Mother's Name:
Previous Wife's Name:
Spouse's Marital Status:
Spouse's Previous Husband's Name:
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: M13181-1
System Origin: England-ODM
GS Film number: 918536
Citing this Record:
"England Marriages, 1538–1973 ," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:NL9X-NYX : 10 December 2014), John Aldis and Anne Willson, 15 Apr 1836; citing Blythburgh,Suffolk,England, reference ; FHL microfilm 918,536.
- Beccles Parish Records, St Michael's Beccles BMD, May 1 JOHN ALDIS full age widower draper of Halesworth &
MATILDA LOYNS full age spin. stationer New Market by licence G.F. JOHN ALDIS draper
B.F. SIMON LOYNS stationer
by H. Owen Rector
both signed Witt. James Salmon
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Loyns Matilda Wangford 13 845.
- Find my past web sites, online http://www.findmypast.com or http://www.findmypast.com.au, First name(s) JOHN
Last name ALDIS
Birth year 1784
Death year 1852
Burial year 1852
Burial day 31
Burial month 3
Church description ST MARY
Church denomination ANGLICAN
Record set National Burial Index for England & Wales
Category Life Events (BDMs)
Subcategory Deaths & burials
Collections from United Kingdom.
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "Original doc."
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Aldis John 58 Liverpool 8b 146.
- Unknown compiler, 1830 Pigots dir of Norfolk and Suffolk.
- International Genealogical Index (IGI), C13192-1.