Mary Elizabeth (Dobson) Clark
#55130, b. 16 March 1905, d. 3 October 1999
- Father: George Dobson Clark b. Mar 1883, d. 21 Mar 1964
- Mother: May Lincoln b. Jun 1880, d. 11 Oct 1965
- Relationships: 3rd cousin 2 times removed of Sister Susan :-), 3rd cousin 4 times removed of My granddaughter Madison :-D, 3rd cousin 3 times removed of Cousin Sarah Louise :-)
- Birth: Mary Elizabeth (Dobson) Clark was born on 16 March 1905 in Thornley, Durham, England, Said to be Hasswell in 1911 census.1
- Birth Reg: Mary's birth was registered in the quarter ended in June 1905 in the Easington registration district.2
- Marriage: She married Edward William Kuehnel on Monday, 2 January 1928 in Cleveland City, Cuyahoga, Ohio, USA, when they were 24 years ~&~ 22 years, 9 months and 17 days old.3
- Death of Father: Her father George Dobson Clark died on 21 March 1964 in Greystone Nursing Home, Wellsville, Columbiana, Ohio, USA.4
- Death of Mother: Her mother May Lincoln died on 11 October 1965 in a Convalescent Home, St Clairsville, Columbiana, Ohio, USA.4
- (Widow) Death: In 1996, at the age of 90 years, Mary Elizabeth (Dobson) was left a widow by the death of Edward William Kuehnel.
- Death: Mary died on 3 October 1999 in Yamhill, Yamhill, Oregon, USA, (Aged 94 years, 6 months and 17 days, worked back from recorded birth date).
- (Witness) Journey: Mary Elizabeth (Dobson) Clark was with George Dobson Clark and May Lincoln in 1911 when they travelled to Bulger.
- Married Name: Her married name was Kuehnel.4
Family of Mary Elizabeth (Dobson) Clark and Edward William Kuehnel
- Find a Grave, online http://www.findagrave.com, News-Register, McMinnville, Oregon, October 5, 1999
A funeral for Mary Elizabeth Kuehnel of Yamhill was held this morning in the chapel of Macy & Son Funeral Directors, McMinnville. The Rev. Penny Christianson of Yamhill United Methodist Church officiated.
Interment will be in Floral Memory Gardens, Dade City, Fla.
Mrs. Kuehnel died Oct. 3, 1999, in Yamhill. She was 94.
She was born March 16, 1905, in Thornley, England, the daughter of George Dobson and May Lincoln Clark. She moved to Bulger, Pa., in 1911. She moved in 1923 to Cleveland and attended Cleveland Bible College.
She and Edward Kuehnel were married Jan. 2, 1928, in Cleveland.
Mr. Kuehnel was a Friends minister and the couple served in seven different Ohio churches. Mrs. Kuehnel also was a nurse's aide for 25 years. They retired in 1971 and moved to Dade City.
Her husband died in 1996 and Mrs. Kuehnel then moved to Yamhill to live with her son. She belonged to the Friends Church and enjoyed creative crafts.
Survivors include a son, J. Philip Kuehnel of Yamhill; two daughters, Lois Palmer of Dade City and Esther Saben of Burton, Ohio; two brothers, James Clark of Newberg and George Clark of Cleveland: six grandchildren; and 10 great-grandchildren.
She also was preceded in death by a daughter, Ruth Papworth.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Clark Mary Elizabeth Easington 10a 517.
- International Genealogical Index (IGI), Name: Edward W Kuehnel
Titles and Terms: Mr
Event Type: Marriage
Event Date: 02 Jan 1928
Event Place: Cuyahoga, Ohio, United States
Birth Year (Estimated): 1905
Father's Name: William
Father's Titles and Terms:
Mother's Name: Mary Apel
Mother's Titles and Terms:
Spouse's Name: Mary E Clark
Spouse's Titles and Terms: Miss
Spouse's Age: 22
Spouse's Birth Year (Estimated): 1906
Spouse's Father's Name: George D
Spouse's Father's Titles and Terms:
Spouse's Mother's Name: Mae Lincoln
Spouse's Mother's Titles and Terms:
GS Film Number: 001901658
Digital Folder Number: 004733001
Image Number: 00865
Citing this Record:
"Ohio, County Marriages, 1789-1994," index and images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/2Q7J-Y2Q : accessed 20 Oct 2013), Edward W Kuehnel and Mary E Clark, 02 Jan 1928; citing Cuyahoga, Ohio, United States, reference ; FHL microfilm 001901658.
- Gina C, "Gina C email," e-mail from private, various.