#57708, b. 5 April 1812
- Father: Jonathan Boast
- Mother: Lucy Shrings b. b 1794
- Birth: Jane Boast was born on 5 April 1812 in Norwich St Stephen, Norfolk, England.1,2
- Marriage: She married Edwin Church Everett, son of George Everett and Jane Clowes, on Tuesday, 5 May 1835 in St Nicholas Church, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England, when they were 23 years and 1 month ~&~ 26 years, 4 months and 20 days old. Confirmation we have the correct family - one witness to this marriage by licence is francis CLOWES.1,3
- Married Name: Her married name was Everett.1
- Residence: In 1824 Jane lived in The Bear Inn, Southtown (Gorleston), Norfolk, England. Her father was the publican.4
Family of Jane Boast and Edwin Church Everett
- Free parish registers, online http://www.freereg.org.uk, Norfolk
Place Great Yarmouth
Church St Nicholas
MarriageDate 05 May 1835
GroomForename Edwin Church
GroomParish Woodbridge Sfk
WitnessTwoForename Mary Ann
Notes Other witnesses: Cha BROWNE, Frances STAGG, James BOAST, J_s STAGG, Fras. CLWES, Robert STRINGER, Jon BOAST.
- International Genealogical Index (IGI), First name(s) Jane
Last name Boast
Birth year 1812
Birth date 05 Apr 1812
Baptism year 1812
Baptism date 12 Apr 1812
Father's first name(s) Jonathan
Mother's first name(s) Lucy Shrings
Parish Norwich, St Stephen
Archive Norfolk Record Office
Archive reference PD 484/35
Record set Norfolk Baptisms
Category Life Events (BDMs)
Subcategory Births & baptisms
Collections from United Kingdom.
- Find my past web sites, online http://www.findmypast.com or http://www.findmypast.com.au, Norfolk Chronicle 09 May 1835.
- Norfolk Public Houses, online http://www.norfolkpubs.co.uk, THOMAS PARKERSON
( died 31st January 1783 ) to 1783
HENRY HAWKE by 17.03.1783 to at least 1791
MATTHEW SPENCE 1806 - 1811
JONATHAN BOAST 1819 - 1824
CHARLES BROWNE 1830 - 1839
Mrs BROWNE to August 1842
ROBERT PUNCHER Aug 1842 - 1846
ROBERT STRINGER 1854
& carter 1858 - 1861
( Full ) licence application refused Monday 27th August 1860, as were all the other applications from 24 beerhouses in Yarmouth and Gorleston.
GEORGE G. SMITH
As given March 1862 25.03.1862
EDWARD SMITH 1863 - 1864
HENRY CRANE 1865
GEORGE FRANCIS CRANE
( Also in 1869 directory ) 1868
& maltster 1868 - 1871
HENRY P CRANE 1872
GEORGE FRANCIS CRANE 1875 - 1879
( Alfred Charles Brighten 1883
A C Brighton 1888 ) 1881 - 1888
CHARLES COX 1891 - 1896
CHARLES CHURCH by 1903
ALBERT EDWARD HERMAN 06.10.1908
Convicted 27.03.1916 for permitting members of H.M. Forces to be on the premises after 9:00pm. Fine 2/6d or 3 days detention.
ETHEL MAY HERMAN 22.09.1916
Convicted 14.02.1917 of selling out of hours.
Fine 40/- or 1 month in detention.
JOHN GEORGE COSSEY 15.06.1917
ELIZABETH COSSEY 08.03.1940.