#336, b. 26 November 1829, d. 24 December 1866
- Father: Joseph Cato b. 7 Jul 1793, d. 4 Oct 1870
- Mother: Frances (Fanny) Cox b. 31 Dec 1790, d. 10 Apr 1873
- Relationship: 1st cousin 5 times removed of My granddaughter Madison :-D
- Birth: Elizabeth Cato was born on 26 November 1829 in Lambeth, Greater London, England.
- Baptism: She was baptized circa 1830 in Southville Wesleyan Chapel, Wandsworth Road, Lambeth, Greater London, England.5
- Marriage: She married George Harding on Wednesday, 18 May 1864 in Hobart, Tasmania, Australia, when they were 32 years and 25 days ~&~ 34 years, 5 months and 22 days old.1,2,3
- Death: Elizabeth died on 24 December 1866 in Hobart, Tasmania, Australia, of serious apoplexy. Wife of a farm labourer. (Aged 37 years and 28 days, worked back from recorded birth date).4
- Anecdote: Elizabeth Cato married a cornish man named George Harding. Their home was called "Jutland"and overlooked Kemble about half a mile away and backed onto Augusto Road. They had one daughter who married a Hickman.- getting mixed somewhat!6
- Married Name: Her married name was Harding.
- EmigratAU: Elizabeth Cato emigrated to Australia in November 1832 from England. 'John Craig' sailed from London to Hobart.
- Website Tasmania, Australia, Index to Marriage Notices in The Mercury, 1854-1962 (unknown url) "Elizabeth Cato
Spouse Name: George Harding
Marriage Date: 18 May 1864
Details: daughter of Joseph
Other Details: New Town
Publication Date: 23 May 1864."
- Digger - Tas BMD Digger databases on CD, Surname: CATO
Given Names: ELIZABETH
Father/Spouse Surname: HARDING
Mother/Spouse Given Names: GEORGE
Spouse Age: 31
Spouse Sex: M
Registration Place: HOBART
Registration Number: 251/1864
Reference: RGD 37.
- BDM in Australia, Aust Vital Records 1788-1905, 1864/251.
- BDM in Australia, Aust Vital Records 1788-1905.
- International Genealogical Index (IGI).
- Letter, W S (Stan) CATO to Oscar Herbert Cato GREEN, 15/7/1948.