Cousin Shirley :-)
#13345, b. after 1957
- Relationships: 1st cousin of Sister Susan :-), 1st cousin 2 times removed of My granddaughter Madison :-D, Mother of Cousin Sarah Louise :-)
- Charts: BALES, John (1762) descendant chart, Blake (Sibton) descendant chart, Culling descendant chart, Culling descendent chart (new style), Samuel Larn Descendent Chart (new style) (#1), Samuel Larn Descendent Chart (new style) (#2), Henry WATLING descendant chart, Sister Susan and Cousin Shirley, Samuel LARN descendant chart
- Birth: Cousin Shirley :-) was born after 1957 in Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England.
- Marr Reg: The marriage of Cousin and Andrew John Bayfield was registered in the quarter ended September 1983 in the Great Yarmouth registration district.1,2
- Marriage: Cousin Shirley :-) married Andrew John Bayfield, son of John Ernest Bayfield and Wendy A Wooden, on Saturday, 3 September 1983 in Great Yarmouth, England.1
- Note: A message from Shirley Eastoe to Bill
My name was Shirley Eastoe until I was married in 1983. My father is Alan Eastoe and his father was Harry Eastoe (he was married to Elsie Lilian Ellis) and his father was Walter Herbert Eastoe (he was married to Lily Harvey). We hail from sunny Gt Yarmouth in Norfolk. My intentions were to send you an e-mail as I copied your address down from the website, but due to my hectic lifestyle I hadn't, and I was most surprised to receive your e-mail just from me visiting the site.
I have some info and am sure that we are related to a Robert Eastoe who was a plumber/builder in Gt Yarmouth (his family lived in one of the rows) and a John Eastoe (Robert's son) who was a builder in Gt Yarmouth. They both owned premises on Deneside and I know that when my Grandfather was alive (Harry) he owned one of the addresses on Deneside. My Grandfather Harry was a Newsagent on Middlegate Street.
Walter Herbert is my Great Grandfather. I believe my father has some certificates to prove this. He was born in 1871, married Lily Harvey on 22/04/1899 and died on 30/09/1928. He and Lily had 3 boys, Harry (my Grandfather), Herbert (who was known as Leslie), and Stanley. They had a daughter as well called Dorothy.
Unfortunately I have been diversifying every time I start this genealogy thing and it has started to get very confusing which family now belongs to which so if I make any mistakes you will have to bear with me. There are Blakes and Watlings and Goslings and the surnames are now endless. I sometimes even wonder who I am.
When I looked on the Ancestry.com site I didn't recognise any hits that could be related to me but there did seem an awful lot of them and after a while it is hard to read them all. I would be most interested to know if you could be related to me in any way and some info on where you and your family live.
and his reply
Unfortunately I have found no evidence of any relationship between my Eastoes (Norwich) and yours. However, my research covers as many Eastoe families as I can identify, and I have amassed quite a large amount of information concerning your family.
Check out the North Walsham and Yarmouth section of my website. http://www.geocities.com/eastoe2000/
I would appreciate your comments, and any information you can add. Apart from my own family most of my Eastoe information does not get any later than the early 1960s.
I have copies of some wills & GRO certificates, and can supply details of sources for most of the information on my website.
Please get in touch again after you've looked at the site, and let me know what you think.
- Married Name: Her married name was Bayfield.1
- Shirley bayfield, "LTR - info from Bayfield fam," e-mail to unknown recipient.
- Find my past web sites, online http://www.findmypast.com or http://www.findmypast.com.au, First name(s) ANDREW J
Last name BAYFIELD
Marriage quarter 3
Marriage year 1983
Registration month -
MarriageFinder™ ANDREW J BAYFIELD married
SHIRLEY A EASTOE
Spouse's last name EASTOE
District GREAT YARMOUTH
Record set England & Wales marriages 1837-2008
Category Birth, Marriage, Death & Parish Records
Record collection Marriages & divorces
Collections from Great Britain.