#13399, b. 1 January 1826, d. 28 January 1902
- Father: William Base b. 4 Dec 1794, d. 15 Jun 1855
- Mother: Hannah Hubbard b. 9 May 1796, d. Sep 1840
- Relationships: 2nd great-grandfather of Sister Susan :-), 4th great-grandfather of My granddaughter Madison :-D, 3rd great-grandfather of Cousin Sarah Louise :-)
- Charts: Pedigree (compressed), Pedigree (paged), Pedigree (wide), Pedigree (indented), Pedigree (compressed), Pedigree (paged), Pedigree (wide), Pedigree (indented), Pedigree Chart Shirley (Blake)
- Birth: John Base was born in 1825 in Norwich, Norfolk, England.
- Christening: He was christened on 1 January 1826 in St Lawrence's Church, Norwich, Norfolk, England.2
- Marriage: He married Maria Bell, daughter of Charles Bell and Martha Winter, on Tuesday, 6 March 1855 in Registry Office, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England, when they were 29 years, 2 months and 5 days ~&~ 27 years, 5 months and 25 days old. The certificate reads 6th March 1855 John BASE 29 year old bachelor, a corporal in the East Norfolk Militia, of Betts Row Blind, Middle Street, Great Yarmouth married Maria Bell 27 year old Spinster shoe binder of Globe Yard, Norwich St Augustine. Groom's father is William BASE, Yeoman, and the bride's father is Charles BELL shoemaker. Witnesses were William Willson and Thomas Cutting.1,3
- Death of Father: His father William Base died on 15 June 1855 in St Lawrence's Church, Norwich St Lawrence, Norfolk, England.4
- Marriage of Son: His child John Base was married on 13 September 1886 in St Nicholas' Church, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England.5
- Marriage of Son: His child Frederick Base was married on 13 May 1888 in Great Yarmouth, England.6,7
- Marriage of Daughter: His child Maria "Polly" Base was married on 2 March 1891 in St Andrew's Parish Church, Gorleston, Norfolk, England.8
- Marriage of Son: His child Walter George Base was married on 29 August 1894 in Great Yarmouth, England.9,8
- Death: John died on 28 January 1902 in 23 Springfield Road, Gorleston, Norfolk, England, aged 75, no probate (Aged 76 years and 27 days, worked back from recorded birth date).10
- Burial: He was buried on 31 January 1902 in Gorleston Old Cemetery plot C75, Gorleston, Norfolk, (Magdalen Way/Crab Lane), England.12
- Death Reg: John's death was registered in the quarter ended in March 1902 in the Great Yarmouth registration district. (His age calculates to 76 years and 2 months).11
- Death cause: Death was caused by Asthenia.8
- Occupation: John was a shoemaker, then by 1855 a corporal in the Norfolk Militia, then back to a shoemaker in Yarmouth. In 1891 he was living on his own means, and in 1901 was a retired shoemaker.
- Residence: In 1855 John lived in Bett's Row Blind, Middle Street, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England.8
- Note: By this date Maria and John were not living in the same house.
Children of John Base and Maria Bell
- Valerie Grey-Wilson, Base.
- Free parish registers, online http://www.freereg.org.uk, Norfolk
Church St Laurence Tr
BaptismDate 01 Jan 1826
- Marriage Certificate.
- Find my past web sites, online http://www.findmypast.com or http://www.findmypast.com.au, First name(s) William
Last name Base
Birth year 1795
Death year -
Burial year 1855
Burial date 21 Jun 1855
Parish Norwich, St Lawrence
Archive Norfolk Record Office
Archive reference PD 58/12
Record set Norfolk burials
Category Life Events (BDMs)
Subcategory Deaths & burials
Collections from United Kingdom.
- Certificate or Original Parish Reg Entry, Extract from original records, Copy received from Jean Eastoe.
- BDM, British Isles Vital Record CD, Frederick BASE
Spouse: Mary Ann Elizabeth WELHAM
Marriage: 13 May 1888
St Nicholas, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England
Batch number: Dates Source Call No. Type Printout Call No. Type
M163157 1886-1899 1526459 Film NONE.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com
- Copies of original certificates and docs.
- BDM, British Isles Vital Record CD.
- Certificate or Original Parish Reg Entry, Extract from original records.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, 4b/23.
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "Name: John Base
Death Age: 75
Birth Date: abt 1827
Death Date: abt 1902
Death Place: 23 Springfield Rd Gorleston
Burial Date: 31 Jan 1902
Burial Place: Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England
Cemetery: Gorleston Old Cemetery
Cemetery Section: C
Grave Number: 75
Interment Number: 3639
Cemetery Notes: Consecrated."
- Norfolk Trans Archive, online http://www.genealogy.doun.org/transcriptions, BASE, John, 44 hd, mar, shoemaker, (Row 27)
BASE, Maria, 44 wf, mar
BASE, John, 17 s, unm, Shoemaker,
BASE, Charles W, 10 s
BASE, Maria, 6 d
BASE, Frederick, 3 s
BASE, Walter G, 6m s