Ethel Sharman Alexander
#65833, b. 15 August 1897
- Father: Horatio Nelson James Sharman b. 5 Apr 1848, d. Sep 1929
- Mother: Charlotte Alexander b. 23 Aug 1873, d. 1 Nov 1929
- Birth: Ethel Sharman Alexander was born on 15 August 1897 in George Street, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England.1
- Christening: She was christened on 25 May 1898 in St Nicholas Church, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England.1
- Marr Reg: The marriage of Ethel and George Andrew Howell was registered in the quarter ended June 1916 in the Great Yarmouth registration district.2
- (Widow) Death: In 1918, at the age of 20 years, 5 months and 4 days, Ethel Sharman was left a widow by the death of George Andrew Howell.
- Marr Reg: The marriage of Ethel and Arthur Edward Tomlins was registered in the quarter ended June 1922 in the Grimsby registration district. Bride named as Ethel HOWELL.3
- Married Name: Her married name was Howell.2
- Name Variation: She was also known as Ethel N Sharman.
- Residence: In 1918 Ethel Sharman lived in 140 Middlegate Street, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England.4
- Married Name: Her married name was Tomlins.3
- Free parish registers, online http://www.freereg.org.uk, County Norfolk
Place (link for place information) Great Yarmouth
Church name St Nicholas
Register type Parish Register
Register entry number 1765
Baptism date 25 May 1898
Birth date 15 Aug 1897
Person forename Ethel Sharman
Person sex F
Person abode George st
Mother forename Charlotte
Mother surname ALEXANDER.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Howell George A Sharman Yarmouth Sharman Ethel A Howell Yarmouth 4b 44.
- Free parish registers, online http://www.freereg.org.uk, Tomlins Household (4 People)
9 Micawber Avenue , Great Yarmouth C.B., Norfolk, England
FIRST NAME(S) LAST NAME(S) DOB SEX OCCUPATION MARITAL STATUS SCHEDULE SCHEDULE SUB NUMBER
Ethel Tomlins 15 Aug 1896 Female Unpaid Domestic Duties Married 239 2
Arthur E Tomlins 12 Aug 1899 Male H M Customer & Excise Office Married 239 1
Pearl Tomlins 07 Sep 1923 Female Unpaid Domestic Duties Single 239 3
Vera A Tomlins 05 May 1925 Female At School Single 239 4
Ref: RG101/6493G/021/29 Letter Code: TOBC.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, First name(s) George Andrew
Last name Howell
Birth year 1894
Birth day 6
Birth month Mar
Birth town Wandsworth
Birth county London
Death year 1918
Death date 19/01/1918
Service number J.6074. (CH)
Rating Ldg. Sig.
Ship/unit Hm Submarine H10
Cause of death Killed or died as a direct result of enemy action.
Cemetery Body not recovered for burial
Location of grave Not recorded
Relatives notified Widow. Ethel, 140, Middlegate St., Gt. Yarmouth, Norfolk.
Category Armed forces & conflict
Subcategory First World War
Collections from United Kingdom.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Howell George H N Alexander Yarmouth 4b 11.