Frank Sydney Base1
#13641, b. 13 April 1888, d. 1965
- Father: Sydney Samuel Base1 b. 1 Jan 1861, d. Mar 1945
- Mother: Alice Letitia Annie Bayly1 b. Sep 1862, d. Jun 1949
- Relationships: 2nd cousin 2 times removed of Sister Susan :-), 2nd cousin 4 times removed of My granddaughter Madison :-D, 2nd cousin 3 times removed of Cousin Sarah Louise :-)
- Birth: Frank Sydney Base was born on 13 April 1888 in Norwich, Norfolk, England.
- Birth Reg: Frank's birth was registered in the quarter ended in June 1888 in the Norwich registration district.1,2
- Christening: He was christened on 14 September 1888 in St Mark's, Lakenham, Norfolk, England.3
- Marriage: He married Hilda Badman on Saturday, 13 January 1912 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, when they were 19 years ~&~ 23 years and 9 months old.4
- Death: Frank died in 1965 in Canada (Aged 76 years, worked back from recorded birth date).1
- Occupation: Frank was a labourer when he went to Canada.
- Note - single: As at 1910 Frank Sydney Base had never been married.
- Journey: He traveled to in St John's, New Brunswick, Canada, arriving 13 January 1910 on the ship 'Hesperian.'
Family of Frank Sydney Base and Hilda Badman
- Valerie Grey-Wilson, Base.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com
- Free parish registers, online http://www.freereg.org.uk, County Norfolk
Church St Mark
DateOfBirth 13 Apr 1888
BaptismDate 14 Sep 1888
Forename Frank Sidney
FatherForename Sidney Samuel
MotherForename Alice Letitia Annie
Abode Hall Rd
- International Genealogical Index (IGI),
Frank Sidney Base, "British Columbia Marriage Registrations, 1859-1932"
Name: Frank Sidney Base
Event Type: Marriage
Event Date: 13 Jan 1912
Event Place: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Birth Year (Estimated): 1889
Birthplace: , England
Marital Status: Bachelor
Father's Name: Sidney S Base
Mother's Name: Letitia A Bayly
Spouse's Name: Hilda Badman
Spouse's Age: 19
Spouse's Birth Year (Estimated): 1893
Spouse's Birthplace: , England
Spouse's Marital Status: Spinster
Spouse's Residence Place:
Spouse's Father's Name: Alfred Badman
Spouse's Mother's Name: Ellen Perry
GS Film number: 1983704
Digital Folder Number: 004401575
Image Number: 00624
Affiliate Film Number: B11376
Reference ID: 12-09-067778
Certificate Type: License.
- Misc web sites, online see Citation Detail, J.S. Base was born in 1890 in Norwich, England. After coming to Canada sometime before the 1920s, he studied theology at McGill University in Montreal and took up journalism. At the same time, he was interested in the Canadian art scene and particularly the Group of Seven. Base became a reporter for the Canadian Press and in this capacity, worked across the country. He became a columnist for the Prince Albert Daily Herald in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, in 1933. Base also worked as a municipal office employee in Prince Albert.
Base sketched and painted (in watercolour and oils) throughout this time, especially as he became more acquainted with Prince Albert and the Emma Lake area. His subjects frequently included Emma Lake scenery and the landscapes around Prince Albert. Base was a member of the Prince Albert Art Association and met with local artists including Wynona Mulcaster there.
Base's works are part of collections including that of the Mann Art Gallery (Prince Albert).
J.S. Base died in 1942 in Prince Albert.