#68314, b. 5 January 1765, d. 27 March 1825
- Relationship: 7th great-uncle of My granddaughter Madison :-D
- Birth: Walter Bennett was born in 1765 in Shaftesbury, Dorset, England, People born in other parishes are notes as such, so we can conclude Walter was living in the parish of Shaftesbury when his son was born.
- Christening: He was christened on 5 January 1765 in Holy Trinity Church, Shaftesbury, Dorset, England.1,2
- Marriage: He married Mary (?) after 1780.
- Death of Father: His father Philip Bennett died on 28 December 1823 in Shaftesbury, England.3
- Death: Walter died on 27 March 1825 in Shaftesbury, England, Said to have died in Shaston in the original PR (as were many others) (Aged 60 years, 2 months and 22 days, worked back from recorded birth date).4
- Burial: He was buried on 28 March 1825 in Holy Trinity Churchyard, Shaftesbury, Dorset, England.4
- International Genealogical Index (IGI), Name: Walter Bennett
Christening Date: 05 Jan 1765
Christening Place: Holy Trinity, Shaftesbury, Dorset, England
Father's Name: Phillip Bennett
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: C15951-1
System Origin: England-EASy
GS Film number: 1239226
Reference ID: item 8
Citing this Record:
"England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:NR28-Y5C : accessed 27 July 2015), Walter Bennett, 05 Jan 1765; citing Shaftesbury, Dorset, England, reference item 8; FHL microfilm 1,239,226.
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "Original dioc sighted, mothers are not named in this period."
- On Line Parish Clerks, online various based on ???-opc.org.uk, 1823: 29-Dec: Philip Bennett: 89.
- On Line Parish Clerks, online various based on ???-opc.org.uk, 1825: 28-Mar: Walter Bennett: 59.