#68573, b. circa 1602
- Birth: Elizabeth (?) was born circa 1602 Based on Spouse's age.1
- Marriage: She married William Penman, son of William Penman and Marion Wilkie, after 1620.
- (Widow) Death: In 1668 Elizabeth was left a widow by the death of William Penman.1
- Married Name: Her married name was Penman.
- Website rootsweb (http://rootsweb.com) ""The Fasti Ecclesiae Scotiane Vol II (Third Edition)," Online Book, D. W alker, Scottish Ministers (www.dwalker.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk : ac cessed )
Page: 1 December 2011; Page 464, Paragraph 5
Text: Morebattle or Merebattle, p. 464
The Church dedicated to St. Lawrence previous to the Reformation was a P rebend of Glasgow
1634 William Penman, A.M., son of Mr. William P., min of Chrichton, att ained his degree at the Univ. of Edinburgh 27 July 1622, licen. by the P resbytery of Dalkeith 12 Aug. 1624, became chaplain to Lady Drummond, p res. by Robert Earl of Roxburgh, in Nov 1633, and adm. and Inst. 7 Sept t hereafter,he gave xx li towards building the Library of Univ. of Glasgo w 25th May 1636, was a member of the Gen. Assembly 1638 and of the Comm issions 1646-1648, and died in Feb 1668, aged about 66, in 34th min. He m arr. Elizabeth, sister of Mrs. Anna Abercrombie, servitrice to the Prin cess of Orange, she survived her husband and had a daugh. Elizabeth, sp ouse of Mt. Robert Ramsay, min. of Salt-Preston, served heir to her fat her 9th Feb 1697 - [Reg. Laur. Univ. Edin., and Old Dec., Presb., Dalke ith, Pert, rand Jedburgh Presb., Edin. (Marr.), and Test Reg., Kirk Pap ., Mun. Univ. Glasgow. iii., Wodrow and Stevenson's Hist., Acts of Ass. , Inq Ret. Gen. 6798]."
- Henry Paton M.A., Marriages Edinburgh to 1900 vol 16, Page 564.