John Henry Base1
#13709, b. June 1864, d. 1 January 1929
- Father: Henry Base1 b. 16 Dec 1832, d. 1879
- Mother: Martha (Maria) Snelling1 b. 1839, d. 28 May 1894
- Relationships: 1st cousin 3 times removed of Sister Susan :-), 1st cousin 5 times removed of My granddaughter Madison :-D, 1st cousin 4 times removed of Cousin Sarah Louise :-)
- Birth: John Henry Base was born in June 1864 in Wortham, Suffolk, England, or Wortham, according to the 1881 census and I have found a birth record for RD of Hartismere.1,2
- Christening: He was christened on 3 March 1869 in Wortham, England.3
- Death of Father: His father Henry Base died in 1879 in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.1
- Death of Mother: His mother Martha (Maria) Snelling died on 28 May 1894 in Wortham, England.4
- Marriage: John Henry Base married Mabel Sarah Baxter Howes in March 1899 in Registration District of, Depwade, Norfolk, England, when they were 34 years and 9 months ~&~ 20 years and 6 months old.2
- Marriage of Son: His child John Eric Base was married in June 1924 in Registration District of, Hartismere, Suffolk, England.5
- Death: John died on 1 January 1929 in Diss, Norfolk, England, (Aged 64 years and 7 months, worked back from recorded birth date).6
- Probate: His estate was probated on 15 March 1929. The estate was valued at £727, and there were 2 other people, who are not recorded in my database as relatives, mentioned in the probate index.7
- Occupation: John was Engineer Artzn ((A M)), and in 1911 an engineers manager.
- Residence: In 1908 John Henry lived in Victoria Road, Diss, Norfolk, England.8
- Residence: In 1913 John Henry lived in 95 Ingate Road, Beccles, Suffolk, England.
Children of John Henry Base and Mabel Sarah Baxter Howes
- Valerie Grey-Wilson, Base.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com
- International Genealogical Index (IGI), C132141 1856-1872 0952468 , 0952470 Film NONE.
- Free parish registers, online http://www.freereg.org.uk, First name(s) MARTHA
Last name SAUNDERS
Birth year 1840
Death year 1894
Burial year 1894
Burial day 2
Burial month 6
Church description ST MARY
Church denomination ANGLICAN
Record set National Burial Index for England & Wales
Category Life Events (BDMs)
Subcategory Deaths & burials
Collections from United Kingdom.
- Free parish registers, online http://www.freereg.org.uk, First name(s) JOHN E
Last name BASE
Marriage quarter 2
Marriage year 1924
Registration month -
MarriageFinder™ JOHN E BASE married
Spouse's last name BURRIDGE
Record set England & Wales marriages 1837-2008
Category Birth, Marriage, Death & Parish Records
Record collection Marriages & divorces
Collections from Great Britain.
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "Probate calendar."
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1861-1941 about John Henry Base
Name: John Henry Base
Probate Date: 15 Mar 1929
Death Date: 1 Jan 1929
Death Place: Norfolk, England
- Kelly, 1908 Kelly's dir of Norfolk, Base John Henry, Victoria rd. Diss.