Joshua John Blake1
#13717, b. 25 August 1830, d. June 1857
Joshua was a miller, and he died in Alderton. The above smock mill was in use in Alderton from late 18th century, eventually being demolished in 1956. Information and picture from www.suffolkmills.org.uk
- Father: William (Damaris) Blake1 b. 1801, d. 23 Jun 1844
- Mother: Honour Chittock1 b. 1808, d. 4 Apr 1868
- Relationships: 3rd great-uncle of Sister Susan :-), 5th great-uncle of My granddaughter Madison :-D, 4th great-uncle of Cousin Sarah Louise :-)
- Charts: Blake (Sibton) descendant chart, Culling descendant chart, Culling descendent chart (new style)
- Birth: Joshua John Blake was born on 31 July 1830 in Diss, Norfolk, England.2
- Christening: He was christened on 25 August 1830 in St Mary's, Diss, Norfolk, England.1,3
- Death of Father: His father William (Damaris) Blake died on 23 June 1844 in Poringland, Norfolk, England.4
- Death Reg: Joshua's death was registered in the quarter ended in June 1857 in the Woodbridge registration district. (His age calculates to 26 years and 9 months).5
- Death: Joshua died on 3 June 1857 in Alderton, Suffolk, England, aged 26. He died of Pneumonia. I wonder if the pneumonia came from working in the dust of the mill? Present at his death was Emma WILSON of Alderton. The miller in the 1851 census was George CULLMER and in 1861 was Thomas Fawcett BEADNELL. None of whom are in my database, so he had no family with him when he died (Aged 26 years, 9 months and 9 days, worked back from recorded birth date).
- Burial: He was buried on 6 June 1857 in St Andrew's Churchyard, Alderton, Suffolk, England, The age at death, 26, confirms that this is the death of our Joshua.6
- Occupation: Joshua was a miller's apprentice who was a Miller Journeyman at the time of his death.
- reasoning: Joshua disappears from the census after 1851, and there are no marriages for him in Suffolk or Norfolk.
- International Genealogical Index (IGI), Film Number: 2034704.
- Crosbie etc, Diss Parish Registers.
- Free parish registers, online http://www.freereg.org.uk, Norfolk
Church St Mary
DateOfBirth 31 Jul 1830
BaptismDate 25 Aug 1830
Forename Joshua John
- Certificate or Original Parish Reg Entry, Extract from original records, Copy received from Jean Eastoe.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Blake Joshua Woodbridge 4a 3_5.
- Burials in Britain, DB - National Burial Index (Britain), First name(s): Joshua
Last name: BLAKE
Date of burial: 6 Jun 1857
Age at death: 26
Calculated year of birth: 1831
Place of burial: Alderton
Dedication: St Andrew
Alderton St Andrew:
Coverage: 1674 - 1901
Number of entries: 2,447.