(Archer) Christopher Beales
#13865, b. 25 December 1847, d. 22 December 1894
- Father: Archer Christopher Beales b. 1821, d. 3 Feb 1893
- Mother: Elizabeth Ayers b. 20 May 1820, d. 11 Sep 1855
- Relationships: Great-grandfather of Sister Susan :-), 3rd great-grandfather of Cousin Sarah Louise :-)
- Charts: Pedigree (indented), Pedigree (indented), BALES, John (1762) descendant chart, Pedigree Chart Susan (Beales)
- Birth: (Archer) Christopher Beales was born on 25 December 1847 in Oulton Broad, Suffolk, England, certificate reads on 25th December 1847 at Oulton Christopher a boy. Father Archer BEALES mother ELIZABETH BEALES formerly AYERS. Father's occupation was a labourer. Mother made her mark on the register.1,2
- Christening: He was christened on 20 February 1848 in Oulton Broad, England.1
- Death of Mother: His mother Elizabeth Beales died on 11 September 1855 in Oulton, Suffolk, England.2
- Marriage: (Archer) Christopher Beales married unknown (?) between 1865 and 1881 in Unknown.3
- Marriage: (Archer) Christopher Beales married Margaret Elizabeth Brackenbury, daughter of William Francis Brackenbury and Mary Ann Wade, on Thursday, 17 April 1884 in St Nicholas' Church, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England, when they were 36 years, 3 months and 23 days ~&~ 34 years, 4 months and 8 days old. Certificate reads April 17th 1884 Archer Christopher BEALES aged 36 a bachelor fisherman of George Street and Margaret Elizabeth BRACKENBURY 35 a spinster of Row 45 were married after banns according to the rites of the established church by A R CORY. The groom's father was Archer Christopher BEALES Publican and the bride's father was William Francis BRACKENBURY labourer. The ceremony was witnessed by Edward John SIMPSON who signed the register and by Jane BROWN who made her mark. Archer the groom made his mark and Margaret the bride signed her name.2,4
- (Witness) Marriage: He witnessed the marriage of William Phinn Dublack and Mary Ann Elizabeth Brackenbury on 6 October 1889 in Great Yarmouth, England; The marriage certificate shows a father (James BRACKENBURY) for the bride. I doubt this is correct, as Margaret Elizabeth BRACKENBURY had been listed in each of the census to date as single and she was with her mother and her mother’s parents who were named BRACKENBURY at 9 and 19 years old. The witnesses were Christopher BEALES and Margaret E BEALES who were her mother and stepfather. Margaret BRACKENBERY had married Christopher in 1884.5,6
- Death of Father: His father Archer Christopher Beales died on 3 February 1893 in 65 Todds Terrace, Roman Road, Lowestoft, Suffolk, England.7,8
- Death: (Archer) died on 22 December 1894 in North Sea on board the Teazer, aged 46. (Aged 46 years, 11 months and 27 days, worked back from recorded birth date).
- Occupation: (Archer) was a smacksman.1
Family of (Archer) Christopher Beales and unknown (?)
Children of (Archer) Christopher Beales and Margaret Elizabeth Brackenbury
- Letter, Shelly to Shirley Elrick, 2001.
- Copies of original certificates and docs.
- Conclusion of, Shirley, Dwelling: 1 Row 76
Census Place: Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England
Source: FHL Film 1341461 PRO Ref RG11 Piece 1909 Folio 10 Page 14
Marr Age Sex Birthplace
Eliza KEMP W 56 F Hettingham, Norfolk, England
William KEMP U 19 M Yarmouth, Norfolk, England
George KEMP U 17 M Yarmouth, Norfolk, England
Alfred BEALES 6 M Yarmouth, Norfolk, England
Arthur BEALES 4 M Yarmouth, Norfolk, England
- Free parish registers, online http://www.freereg.org.uk, Norfolk
Place Great Yarmouth
Church St Nicholas
MarriageDate 17 Apr 1884
GroomForename Archer Christopher
GroomAbode George St
BrideForename Margaret Elizabeth
GroomFatherForename Archer Christopher
BrideFatherForename William Francis
WitnessOneForename Edward John
- International Genealogical Index (IGI).
- BDM, British Isles Vital Record CD, DUBLACK, William Fenn Age: 28 years Marriage
Wife: Mary Ann Elizabeth BRACKENBURY Age: 18 years
Marriage Date: 6 Oct 1889 Recorded in: St. Nicholas, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England
Husband's Father: William DUBLACK
Wife's Father: James BRACKENBURY
Source: FHL Number 1526459 Dates: 1886-1899.
- Waveney District Cemetery Index - Lowestoft, online http://www.waveney.gov.uk/cemetery/lowestoft/…, Beales Archer 10/02/1893 72 65 Todds Terrace, Roman Road, Lowestoft Retired Licensed Victualler L/6/55.
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "
England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1966 about Archer Bales
Name: Archer Bales
Probate Date: 15 Apr 1893
Death Date: 3 Feb 1893
Death Place: Suffolk, England