Archer Christopher Beales
#13873, b. 1821, d. 3 February 1893
- Relationships: 2nd great-grandfather of Sister Susan :-), 4th great-grandfather of Cousin Sarah Louise :-)
- Charts: Pedigree (indented), Pedigree (indented), BALES, John (1762) descendant chart, Pedigree Chart Susan (Beales)
- Birth: Archer Christopher Beales was born in 1821 in Hadleigh, Suffolk, England, I cannot find the transcription of these registers on line as yet.
- Marriage: He married Elizabeth Ayers, daughter of John Ayers and Elizabeth Saunders, on Saturday, 11 September 1847 in St Nicholas' Church, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England, when they were 26 years ~&~ 27 years, 3 months and 22 days old. Certificate reads 11th September 1847 BEALES, Archer, full age bachelor fireman of Row 129 and Elizabeth AYERS, spinster full age also of Row 129 were married after banns within the rights of the established church by William Langley POPE. The Husband's Father was Archer BEALES a labourer and Wife's Father John AYERS a wheelwright. The ceremony was witnessed by William NICHOLS and Eleanor ELVEY. All of the participants made their mark.1,2
- (Widow) Death: In 1855, at the age of 34 years, Archer was left a widower by the death of Elizabeth Beales; certificate reads 11th September 1855 in Oulten Elizabeth BALES female 35 years old wife of Archer BALES farm labourer of chronic hepatitis and ascites (certified). Present was Elizabeth AYERS. The death occurred in The Beach Lowestoft. I believe the Elizabeth AYERS who was present at her death was her mother Elizabeth (nee SAUNDERS). Archer remarried 2 years later.1
- Marriage: Archer Christopher Beales married Charlotte Robinson on Sunday, 20 December 1857 in Oulton Broad, Suffolk, England, when they were 36 years ~&~ 37 years old. Certificate reads Archer BEALES aged 37 widower labourer of Oulton and Charlotte ROBINSON aged 37 spinster of Oulton married after banns in the established church on 20th December 1857. Archer's father was Archer and Charlotte's was John ROBINSON both labourers. Witnesses were Emily JARMEY, James WRIGHT. I think the ceremony was performed by Hunter Frances FELL but this may have just been a third witness. Both the bride and the groom signed with a 'mark'.3,1
- Death of Father: His father Archer Beales died on 5 January 1867 in Oulton Broad, England.3,1
- (Widow) Death: In 1867, at the age of 46 years, Archer was left a widower by the death of Charlotte Beales; Certificate reads 10th May 1867, Charlotte BEALES female aged 47 years wife of Archer BEALES. Cause of death was Diptheria and natural causes (certified). Archer BEALES was present at her death in Oulten and he made his mark in the register.1
- Marriage: Archer Christopher Beales married Elizabeth Barber, daughter of John Barber, on Thursday, 6 February 1868 in Lowestoft, Suffolk, England, when they were 47 years ~&~ 53 years old.3
- Marr Reg: The marriage of Archer and Elizabeth Barber was registered in the quarter ended March 1868 in the Mutford, Lowestoft registration district.3,4
- (present at death) Death: In 1875 Archer Christopher Beales was listed on the death certificate of Sarah Beales as being present at her death; certificate reads 81 year old widow of Archer BEALES, a farm labourer, died of fever.1,5
- Marriage of Son: His child Charles John Beales was married in March 1878 in Registration District of, Norwich, Norfolk, England.6,3
- Marriage of Son: His child (Archer) Christopher Beales was married on 17 April 1884 in Great Yarmouth, England.1,7
- (Widow) Death: In 1892, at the age of 71 years, Archer was left a widower by the death of Elizabeth Beales; aged 77.3,8
- (Admin_beneficiary) Probate: In 1893 Archer Christopher Beales became the administrator and/or the beneficiary named in the probate documents of Elizabeth Barber; The estate was valued at £158.
- Death: Archer died on 3 February 1893 in 65 Todds Terrace, Roman Road, Lowestoft, Suffolk, England, (Aged 72 years, worked back from recorded birth date).9,10
- Burial: He was buried on 10 February 1893 in Plot L/6/55, Lowestoft, Suffolk, England, aged 72.3
- Probate: His estate was probated on 15 April 1893. Christopher Elijah Charles Beales was the administrator and/or the beneficiary. The estate was valued at £260.10
- Occupation: Archer was an agricultural labourer and then a publican. He seems to have been the owner or manager of the White Horse Inn in White Horse Road Lowestoft from about 1875 until after 1891. In 1891 he had 28 lodgers, so this must have been a large establishment, but it does not get a mention in the dead pubs site. Also this street has been razed. There is/was a White Horse in Corton, but it is not in White Horse Street.3
- Residence: In 1847 Archer Christopher and Elizabeth lived in Row 129, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England.
- Residence: In 1875 Archer Christopher lived in White Horse Street, Lowestoft, Suffolk, England.
- Residence: In 1892 Archer Christopher and Elizabeth lived in White Horse Inn, Lowestoft, Suffolk, England.11
- Residence: In 1893 Archer Christopher lived in 65 Todds Terrace, Lowestoft, Suffolk, England.12
Children of Archer Christopher Beales and Elizabeth Ayers
Family of Archer Christopher Beales and Charlotte Robinson
Family of Archer Christopher Beales and Elizabeth Barber
- Copies of original certificates and docs.
- BDM, British Isles Vital Record CD, BEALES, Archer
Wife: Elizabeth AYERS
Marriage Date: 11 Sep 1847
Recorded in: Yarmouth, Norfolk, England
Collection: St Nicholas
Husband's Father: Archer BEALES
Wife's Father: John AYERS
Source: FHL Film 1526457 Dates: 1847 - 1851.
- Letter, Shelly to Shirley Elrick, 2001.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Annes Elizabeth and Bales Archer Mutford 4a 913.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Beales Sarah Mutford 4a 579.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Beales Charles John and JOHNSON Susan Norwich 4b 270.
- Free parish registers, online http://www.freereg.org.uk, Norfolk
Place Great Yarmouth
Church St Nicholas
MarriageDate 17 Apr 1884
GroomForename Archer Christopher
GroomAbode George St
BrideForename Margaret Elizabeth
GroomFatherForename Archer Christopher
BrideFatherForename William Francis
WitnessOneForename Edward John
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com
- Waveney District Cemetery Index - Lowestoft, online http://www.waveney.gov.uk/cemetery/lowestoft/…, Beales Archer 10/02/1893 72 65 Todds Terrace, Roman Road, Lowestoft Retired Licensed Victualler L/6/55.
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "
England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1966 about Archer Bales
Name: Archer Bales
Probate Date: 15 Apr 1893
Death Date: 3 Feb 1893
Death Place: Suffolk, England
- Waveney District Cemetery Index - Lowestoft, online http://www.waveney.gov.uk/cemetery/lowestoft/…, Beales Elizabeth 11/03/1892 77 White Horse Inn Wife of Archy Beales L/6/55.
- Waveney District Cemetery Index - Lowestoft, online http://www.waveney.gov.uk/cemetery/lowestoft/…, Beales Archer 10/02/1893 72 65 Todds Terrace Retired Licensed Victualler L/6/55.
- Gravestone Photographic Resource, online http://www.gravestonephotos.com/, all the legible names shown on monument for grave number 10637
Archer Beales 72 1811 1883
Elizabeth Beales 77 1815 1892 unknown.