Ada Louise Boyce1
#13966, b. 18 December 1876, d. 1930
- Father: James Boyce b. 7 May 1843, d. Sep 1908
- Mother: Elizabeth Hunt b. 19 Jun 1855, d. 14 Feb 1918
- Relationships: Great-grandmother of Sister Susan :-), 3rd great-grandmother of My granddaughter Madison :-D, 2nd great-grandmother of Cousin Sarah Louise :-)
- Charts: Pedigree (compressed), Pedigree (paged), Pedigree (wide), Pedigree (indented), Pedigree (compressed), Pedigree (paged), Pedigree (wide), Pedigree (indented), Samuel Larn Descendent Chart (new style) (#1), Samuel Larn Descendent Chart (new style) (#2), Pedigree Chart Shirley (Blake), Samuel LARN descendant chart
- Birth: Ada Louise Boyce was born on 18 December 1876 in Hoxne, Suffolk, England, Certificate reads 18th Dec 1876 in Hoxne - a girl Ada Louise BOYCE to James BOYCE and Elizabeth BOYCE (formerly HUNT). Father was a farm labourer, mother was the informant.2,3
- Marriage: She married William George King, son of William Teasdale King and Martha Postle, on Tuesday, 25 April 1899 in St Nicholas' Church, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England, when they were 29 years, 8 months and 26 days ~&~ 22 years, 4 months and 7 days old. The ceremony was witnessed by Emma King. Certificate reads - William King aged 28, bachelor, baker, from South Market Road married Ada Louisa BOYCE aged 22, spinster of South Quay. William's Father, William KING was a labourer. Ada's father, James BOYCE was also a labourer. The witnesses were Albert Wells and Emma King. All 4 were literate as they all signed the register book.3,4
- Death of Mother: Her mother Elizabeth Boyce died on 14 February 1918 in 94 Cannon Street, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, England.5,6
- Marriage of Daughter: Her child Ada Violet King was married on 26 December 1923 in Great Yarmouth, England.7,3
- Death: Ada died on 5 September 1930 in 150a Caister Road (The Workhouse (Infirmary)), Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England, (Aged 53 years, 8 months and 18 days, worked back from recorded birth date).8
- Burial: She was buried on 10 September 1930 in Plot G 469, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England.9
- Death cause: Death was caused by Primary dementia. No post mortem.
- Married Name: Her married name was King.
- Residence: In 1930 Ada Louise lived in Manby House, Manby Road, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England. She was noted as the wife of a timber merchant's labourer.
Children of Ada Louise Boyce and William George King
- Gladys Muriel King b. 11 Feb 1900, d. 9 May 1900
- Albert Edward Patrick King b. 17 Mar 1901, d. Mar 1903
- William George King b. 14 Jun 1902, d. Jun 1983
- Ada Violet King+ b. 8 Mar 1904, d. 6 Jul 1963
- Levi James Victor King b. 4 Sep 1905, d. Dec 1974
- Percy King b. 1909, d. Sep 1984
- Edward Charles King b. 14 Jul 1912, d. Dec 1985
- BDM, British Isles Vital Record CD.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com
- Copies of original certificates and docs.
- BDM, British Isles Vital Record CD, KING, William Age: 28 years Marriage
Wife: Ada Louisa BOYCE Age: 22 years
Marriage Date: 25 Apr 1899 Recorded in: St. Nicholas, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England
Husband's Father: William KING
Wife's Father: James BOYCE
Source: FHL Number 1526459 Dates: 1886-1899.
- Copies of original certificates and docs: A copy of the death certificate is included in the attestation papers of her son Levi. I have saved full copy of all papers in a file on home PC.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Boyce Elizabeth 61 Bury St.E. 4a 1075.
- Letter, Jean Eastoe to Shirley Elrick, 11/4/1999.
- Certificate or Original Parish Reg Entry, Extract from original records, Copy received from Jean Eastoe.
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "Name: Ada Louisa King
Death Age: 53
Birth Date: abt 1877
Death Date: abt 1930
Death Place: Infirmary
Burial Date: 10 Sep 1930
Burial Place: Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England
Cemetery Section: G.
Grave Number: 469.
Interment Number: 6125
Cemetery Notes: Consecrated."