Levi James Boyce
#13972, b. September 1878, d. September 1937
- Father: James Boyce b. 7 May 1843, d. Sep 1908
- Mother: Elizabeth Hunt b. 19 Jun 1855, d. 14 Feb 1918
- Relationships: 2nd great-uncle of Sister Susan :-), 4th great-uncle of My granddaughter Madison :-D, 3rd great-uncle of Cousin Sarah Louise :-)
- Birth Reg: Levi's birth was registered in the quarter ended in September 1878 in the Hoxne registration district.1
- Christening: He was christened on 10 November 1878 in St Peter and St Paul Church, Hoxne, Suffolk, England.2
- Death of Mother: His mother Elizabeth Boyce died on 14 February 1918 in 94 Cannon Street, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, England.3,4
- Death: Levi died in September 1937 in Registration District of, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, England, aged 58. No probate (Aged 59 years, worked back from recorded birth date).5
- Description: At the age of 36 years Levi James Boyce was described as 5 feet 6 and a quarter inches tall, with a chest measurement when fully expanded of 36 inches. He had a scar on his left breast and tattoo marks on his left forearm. He had slightly defective teeth.6
- Occupation: Levi was a carman.6
- Residence: In 1915 Levi James lived in 116 Abbots Road, Poplar, Greater London, England.
- Anecdote: After his mother died he changed his next of kin to his sister Mrs Caroline Woodward, High Green, Rowton, Suffolk.7
- Milit-serv: Levi served in France from 18th March 1915 to 11th June 1916. The army records are a little difficult to read but he was still in the army in 1920. During his service he was appointed, but subsequently had taken away from him for absence and drunkenness, the rank of corporal. between 1915 and 1920.7
- Milit-serv: Levi when serving as a driver for the 361 Coy R.A.S.C. he signed up for further service until no later that 30th April 1920 on 31 January 1920.7
- Residence: In March 1920 Levi James lived in Care of Mrs Woodward, Near School, Rowton, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, England.7
- Anecdote: Levi appears not have married by 1920.7
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Levi James Boyce
Year of Registration: 1878
Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep
County: Norfolk, Suffolk
- Find my past web sites, online http://www.findmypast.com or http://www.findmypast.com.au, First name(s) LEVI JAMES
Last name BOYCE
Birth year 1878
Baptism year 1878
Baptism day 10
Baptism month Nov
Parish HOXNE, ST PETER & ST PAUL
Mother's name Elizabeth
Father's name James
Father's occupation Husbandman
Entry number 4723
Record set Suffolk Baptism Index (part 3)
Category Birth, Marriage, Death & Parish Records
Record collection Births & baptisms
Collections from Great Britain.
- Copies of original certificates and docs: A copy of the death certificate is included in the attestation papers of her son Levi. I have saved full copy of all papers in a file on home PC.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Boyce Elizabeth 61 Bury St.E. 4a 1075.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Levi J H Boyce
Death Registration Month/Year: 1937
Age at death (estimated): 58
Registration district: Bury St Edmunds
Inferred County: Suffolk
- "British attestation records from ancetry.com and findmypast.com."
- "British attestation records from ancetry.com and findmypast.com", saved in a file on home PC.