#389, b. circa 1832, d. 1905
- Birth: Josiah Cock was born circa 1832 in St Austel, Cornwall, England.2
- Death of Father: His father Anthony Cock died in March 1874 in Truro, Cornwall, England.3
- Marriage: Josiah Cock married Louisa Sophia Lovell, daughter of Joseph White Lovell and Sophia Cato, in 1878 in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.2,4
- Death of Mother: His mother Clarinda Chegwin died in March 1884 in Truro, England.5
- Death: Josiah died in 1905 in Victoria, Australia, aged 73. Mother named as Clarinda CHEGWIN and father Anthony COCK.1
- Occupation: Josiah was a butcher.
- Anecdote: All the sons and stepsons of Anthony disappear from the records in England. Is it possible that they all came to Australia?
Children of Josiah Cock and Louisa Sophia Lovell
- Digger - Vic BMD Digger databases on CD, 1905/3487.
- Conclusion of, Shirley.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Cock, Anthony aged 79 in Truro page 5c/125.
- BDM in Australia, Aust Vital Records 1788-1905, 1878/433.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Clara Cock
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1806
Year of Registration: 1884
Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar
Age at Death: 78
- Australian Voter Rolls 1901 - 1936, online http://search.ancestry.com.au
- BDM in Australia, Aust Vital Records 1788-1905, 1878/24789.
- BDM in Australia, Aust Vital Records 1788-1905, 1880/4196.
- BDM in Australia, Aust Vital Records 1788-1905, 1887/7033.