#14521, b. 5 June 1790, d. 28 April 1867
- Father: William Ayers1 b. 1762, d. 17 Nov 1837
- Mother: Diana (Jedidiah) Chamberlain1 b. 12 May 1765, d. Dec 1846
- Birth: James Ayers was born on 5 June 1790 in Lowestoft, Suffolk, England.1
- Marriage: He married Mary Ann Catchpole, daughter of John Catchpole and Susanna Wilson, on Tuesday, 10 December 1816 in Lowestoft, England, when they were 26 years, 6 months and 5 days ~&~ 25 years old.1,2
- (Widow) Death: In 1821, at the age of 30 years, 7 months and 14 days, James was left a widower by the death of Mary Ann Catchpole; her last child was born in 1819 and her husband remarried (to her sister) in 1823.
- Marriage: James Ayers married Hannah Catchpole, daughter of John Catchpole and Susanna Wilson, on Monday, 18 August 1823 in St Nicholas' Church, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England, when they were 33 years, 2 months and 13 days ~&~ 25 years old. The ceremony was witnessed by William Ayers and Frances Mansfield. There is additional data in the original record, so would be worth getting Jean to look it up.1,3,4
- Death of Father: His father William Ayers died on 17 November 1837 in Lowestoft, England.1
- Marriage of Son: His child James William Catchpole Ayers was married in December 1845 in Registration District of, Mutford, Lowestoft, Suffolk, England.5,6
- Marriage of Son: His child Edwin Richard Catchpole Ayers was married in March 1851 in Registration District of, Tendring, Essex, England.7
- Marriage of Son: His child John Ayers was married in March 1857 in Registration District of, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England.8
- Marriage of Son: His child James William Catchpole Ayers was married in June 1859 in Mutford, Lowestoft, England.9
- Death: James died on 28 April 1867 in Lowestoft, England, (Aged 76 years, 10 months and 23 days, worked back from recorded birth date).10
- Burial: He was buried on 2 May 1867 in St Margaret's Churchyard, Lowestoft, Suffolk, England, aged 76.10
- Occupation: James was a fisherman.
Children of James Ayers and Mary Ann Catchpole
Children of James Ayers and Hannah Catchpole
- Letter, Shelly to Shirley Elrick, 2001.
- BDM, Norfolk Marriages 1801-1837, AYERS James 10 12 16 CATCHPOLE Mary Lowestoft 725.
- BDM, Norfolk Marriages 1801-1837, AYERS James 18 8 23 CATCHPOLE Hannah Yarmouth, Great 703.
- BDM, British Isles Vital Record CD.
- Waveney District Cemetery Index - Lowestoft, online http://www.waveney.gov.uk/cemetery/lowestoft/…
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, AYERS James William Catchpole and NEWRICK Mary Ann Mulford & 13 1183.
- Find my past web sites, online http://www.findmypast.com or http://www.findmypast.com.au, First name(s) EDWIN RICHARD
Last name AYERS
Marriage quarter 1
Marriage year 1851
Registration month -
MarriageFinder™ EDWIN RICHARD AYERS married one of these people
ELIZABETH COOK, CAROLINE SCOTT, SARAH PINNER, ANN NORMAN
District number -
Record set England & Wales marriages 1837-2008
Category Life Events (BDMs)
Subcategory Marriages & divorces
Collections from United Kingdom.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Ayers John Yarmouth 4b 9
Thorpe Mary Ann Yarmouth 4b 9.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Ayers James William Catchpole Mutford 4a 1030
Mantrip Mary Ann Mutford 4a 1030.
- Burials in Britain, DB - National Burial Index (Britain), on CD at home.