William Saunders Ayers1
#14545, b. 4 May 1824, d. November 1903
- Father: John Ayers1 b. 5 May 1799, d. 1 Apr 1869
- Mother: Elizabeth Saunders1 b. 5 Aug 1800, d. 3 May 1871
- Christening: William Saunders Ayers was christened on 4 May 1824 in St Margaret's Church, Lowestoft, Suffolk, England.2,1
- Marriage: He married Elizabeth Clough, daughter of Thomas Clough and Elizabeth Tripp, on Friday, 25 December 1846 in Lowestoft, Suffolk, England, when they were 22 years, 7 months and 21 days ~&~ 24 years old.1
- Marriage of Daughter: His child Mary Ann Elizabeth Ayers was married on 13 October 1868 in Lowestoft, England.3
- Death of Father: His father John Ayers died on 1 April 1869 in Lowestoft, England.1
- Death of Mother: His mother Elizabeth Ayers died on 3 May 1871 in Lowestoft, England.1
- Marriage of Son: His child William Thomas Ayers was married in March 1875 in Registration District of, Mutford, Lowestoft, Suffolk, England.4
- Marriage of Son: His child Thomas Daniel Ayers was married on 24 December 1875 in Lowestoft, England.1,5
- Marriage of Daughter: His child Jane Ann Ayers was married in December 1889 in Mutford, Lowestoft, England.6
- Death: William died in November 1903 in Lowestoft, England, (Aged 79 years and 5 months, worked back from recorded birth date).1
- Burial: He was buried on 16 November 1903 in L/D/116 cemetery, Lowestoft, Suffolk, England.1
- Occupation: William was fisherman and lifeboatman.1
- Note - illiterate: 1871 William Saunders was illiterate.
- Residence: In 1901 William Saunders and Elizabeth lived in 10 Nobbs Building, Lowestoft, Suffolk, England.7
- Residence: In 1903 William Saunders lived in Lowestoft, England.8
Children of William Saunders Ayers and Elizabeth Clough
- Mary Ann Elizabeth Ayers+1 b. 2 Oct 1847
- Jane Ann Ayers+1 b. 8 Nov 1849, d. Mar 1929
- Sarah Ayers1 b. 31 Aug 1850
- William Thomas Ayers+ b. 2 Jun 1852, d. 8 Feb 1938
- Elizabeth Ayers9 b. 31 Mar 1854, d. 16 Apr 1857
- Frances Ayers10 b. 25 Jan 1856, d. 16 Mar 1857
- James Clough Ayers1 b. 7 May 1857, d. 31 Jan 1875
- Thomas Daniel Ayers+1 b. 22 Jan 1859, d. a 1911
- Arthur Ayers+1 b. Jun 1861, d. Jun 1936
- Elizabeth Ayers1 b. 1865
- Letter, Shelly to Shirley Elrick, 2001.
- Free parish registers, online http://www.freereg.org.uk, Suffolk
Church St Margaret
BaptismDate 04 May 1824
Forename William Saunders
Notes Baptised by Willm. C King - curate
- International Genealogical Index (IGI), First name(s) Mary Ann Elizabeth
Last name Ayers
Birth year 1847
Residence 5 Barcham Square Beach
Marriage year 1868
Marriage date 13 Oct 1868
Parish Lowestoft, St Margaret
Spouse's first name(s) George Mayhew
Spouse's last name Shillings
Spouse's age 20
Spouse's parish 5 Barcham Square Beach
Father's first name(s) William
Father's last name Ayers
Spouse's father's first name(s) James Mayhew
Spouse's father's last name Shillings
Archive Norfolk Record Office
Archive reference PD 589/25
Record set Norfolk marriages
Category Life Events (BDMs)
Subcategory Marriages & divorces
Collections from United Kingdom.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, AYERS William Thomas Mutford 4a 967
HOLMES Ann Maria Mutford 4a 967.
- International Genealogical Index (IGI), M009831 1872-1875 0924137 IT 10 Film NONE.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, SHEPPERD Jane Ann and Warman William Mutford 4a 1840.
- Waveney District Cemetery Index - Lowestoft, online http://www.waveney.gov.uk/cemetery/lowestoft/…, L/D/118.
- Waveney District Cemetery Index - Lowestoft, online http://www.waveney.gov.uk/cemetery/lowestoft/…, L/D/116.
- BDM, British Isles Vital Record CD, AYERS, Elizabeth Christening
Birth Date: 31 Mar 1854
Christening Date: 3 Apr 1857 Recorded in: Lowestoft, Suffolk, England
Father: William AYERS
Source: FHL Film 952451 Dates: 1856 - 1865.
- BDM, British Isles Vital Record CD, AYERS, Jonathan Christening
Birth Date: 4 Apr 1855
Christening Date: 2 Mar 1856 Recorded in: Lowestoft, Suffolk, England
Father: Jonathan AYERS
Source: FHL Film 952449 Dates: 1856 - 1865.