#14616, b. 1768, d. 9 September 1853
- Father: Jonathon Ayers1 b. 15 Sep 1729, d. Sep 1773
- Mother: Alice Pashley1 b. 20 Mar 1730, d. Jul 1825
- Birth: Jonathon Ayers was born in 1768 in Lowestoft, Suffolk, England.1
- Christening: He was christened on 20 December 1768 in St Margaret's, Lowestoft, Suffolk, England.1,2
- Death of Father: His father Jonathon Ayers died in September 1773 in Lowestoft, England.1
- Marriage: Jonathon Ayers married Elizabeth Bitson Press, daughter of Benjamin Press and Ann Sowell, on Thursday, 20 October 1791 in Lowestoft, England, when they were 23 years ~&~ 22 years, 10 months and 5 days old.1,3
- Marriage of Daughter: His child Elizabeth Bitson Ayers was married on 29 November 1812 in Lowestoft, England.1,4
- Marriage of Son: His child William George Ayers was married on 28 July 1817 in Lowestoft, England.1
- Marriage of Daughter: His child Ann Ayers was married on 20 March 1822 in Lowestoft, England.1,5
- Death of Mother: His mother Alice Ayers died in July 1825 in Lowestoft, England.1
- (Widow) Death: In 1827, at the age of 59 years, Jonathon was left a widower by the death of Elizabeth Bitson Press.1
- Marriage of Daughter: His child Alice Ayers was married on 29 March 1828 in Lowestoft, England.1,6
- Marriage of Son: His child James Ayers was married on 12 January 1836.1
- Marriage of Daughter: His child Elizabeth Bitson Ayers was married on 24 November 1838 in Lowestoft, England.7
- Death: Jonathon died on 9 September 1853 in Lowestoft, England, (Aged 85 years, worked back from recorded birth date).1
- Burial: He was buried on 13 September 1853 in St Margaret's Churchyard, Lowestoft, Suffolk, England, aged 85.8,9
- Probate: He left a will which mentioned William George Ayers, James Ayers, Ann Ayers, Alice Ayers, William Burwood, Ann Ayers Burwood and George Dalley Burwood.The estate was valued at £300.
Children of Jonathon Ayers and Elizabeth Bitson Press
- Elizabeth Bitson Ayers+1 b. 16 Mar 1792
- William George Ayers+1 b. 25 Oct 1793, d. 1 Mar 1868
- Ann Ayers+1 b. 6 Nov 1795, d. 20 Dec 1854
- Alice Ayers+1 b. 18 Jan 1798
- Susanna Ayers1 b. 12 Jan 1800, d. 13 Aug 1826
- Jonathon Ayers1 b. 18 Jun 1803, d. 22 Apr 1818
- James Ayers+1 b. 29 Mar 1807, d. 30 Nov 1873
- Letter, Shelly to Shirley Elrick, 2001.
- International Genealogical Index (IGI), P009831 1751-1812 0924137 IT 2 Film NONE
P009831 1751-1812 0924137 IT 2 Film NONE.
- International Genealogical Index (IGI), M009831 1751-1812 0543869 IT 10 Film NONE.
- BDM, Norfolk Marriages 1801-1837, BURWOOD George 29 11 12 AYERS Elizabeth Lowestoft 725.
- BDM, Norfolk Marriages 1801-1837, DANN William 20 3 22 AYERS Ann Lowestoft 725.
- BDM, Norfolk Marriages 1801-1837, PARR David 29 3 28 AYERS Alice Lowestoft 725.
- International Genealogical Index (IGI), Name: James Taylor Hughes
Birth Date: 1793
Spouse's Name: Elizabeth Bitson Burnwood
Spouse's Birth Date: 1793
Spouse's Age: 45
Event Date: 24 Nov 1838
Event Place: Lowestoft, Suffolk, England
Father's Name: Robert Hughes
Spouse's Father's Name: Jonathan Ayers
Spouse's Mother's Name:
Previous Wife's Name:
Spouse's Marital Status:
Spouse's Previous Husband's Name:
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: I03768-3
System Origin: England-EASy
GS Film number: 1526139
Reference ID: 47
Citing this Record:
"England Marriages, 1538–1973 ," index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/NXTR-93F : accessed 16 Mar 2014), James Taylor Hughes and Elizabeth Bitson Burnwood, 24 Nov 1838; citing Lowestoft, Suffolk, England, reference 47; FHL microfilm 1526139.
- Free parish registers, online http://www.freereg.org.uk, Suffolk
Church St Margarets
BurialDate 13 Sep 1853
Relationship widow of
Notes Burial performed by F Cunningham - Vicar
- Burials in Britain, DB - National Burial Index (Britain), on CD at home.