#80412, b. 25 October 1775, d. 11 November 1822
- Father: William Aldis1 b. 4 Jul 1741, d. 25 May 1826
- Mother: Elizabeth Taylor1 b. 19 Oct 1746, d. 8 Oct 1820
- Relationships: 5th great-uncle of Sister Susan :-), 7th great-uncle of My granddaughter Madison :-D, 6th great-uncle of Cousin Sarah Louise :-)
- Christening: Charles Aldis was christened on 25 October 1775 in St Peter's Church, Thorington, Suffolk, England.1
- Death of Mother: His mother Elizabeth Taylor died on 8 October 1820 in Bramfield, Suffolk, England.2
- Death: Charles died on 11 November 1822 in Bramfield, England, aged 47, buried in Branfield with his parents (Aged 47 years and 17 days, worked back from recorded birth date).3
- Burials in Britain, DB - National Burial Index (Britain), First name(s) Charles
Last name Aldiss
Birth year -
Birth place -
Baptism year 1775
Baptism date 25 Oct 1775
Father's first name(s) Wm.
Father's last name Aldiss
Mother's first name(s) Eliz.
Mother's last name -
Record set England Births & Baptisms 1538-1975
Category Life Events (BDMs)
Subcategory Births & baptisms
Collections from United Kingdom.
- Burials in Britain, DB - National Burial Index (Britain), All ALDIS from the disk.
- Aldis Family History, online http://www.aldis-day.name/, William Aldis of Bramfield was bur. 29 May 1826 aged 86 years so bc. 1740.
A Tomb in Bramfield churchyard commemorates William Aldis gent. who died 1826 aged 86 years
and Elizabeth his wife who died 7 October 1820 aged 74 years (so bc. 1746).
Also, Mary Ann, daughter, who died 12 July 1819 aged 27 years (so bc. 1792).
I wonder whether this should be 37 giving a birth year c. 1782.
Also, Charles, son who died 11 November 1822 aged 47 years (so bc. 1775).
William left a Will (ref. 238 Davy) which I do not have details of.