Elizabeth Mary Ellen Chugg1
#18630, b. 8 August 1876, d. 5 April 1969
- Father: John Chugg1 b. 29 May 1845, d. 14 Jun 1925
- Mother: Charlotte Louisa Crew1 b. 31 Oct 1857, d. 22 Sep 1930
- Relationship: 4th cousin 5 times removed of My granddaughter Madison :-D
- Birth: Elizabeth Mary Ellen Chugg was born on 8 August 1876 in Breadalbane, Launceston, Tasmania, Australia, Mary Elizabeth Ellen CHUGG was born to John CHUGG and Charlotte Louisa CREW on 8 August 1876 at Breadalbane.
The informant was W C CREW , grandfather, of Launceston. Her birth was registered on 25 August 1876.2,3
- Death of Father: Her father John Chugg died on 14 June 1925 in Launceston, Tasmania, Australia.
- Death of Mother: Her mother Charlotte Louisa Crew died on 22 September 1930 in White Hills, Tasmania, Australia.4
- Death: Elizabeth died on 5 April 1969 in Launceston, Tasmania, Australia, (Aged 92 years, 7 months and 28 days, worked back from recorded birth date).5
- Burial: She was buried on 8 April 1969 in Carre-Villa cemetery, Launceston, Tasmania, Australia, Tombstone reads - In Loving Memory of
Beloved husband of
Mary Elizabeth Cowley
died 21st April 1950
aged 83 years
Also Mary Elizabeth
wife of above
died 5th April 1969
aged 93 years
- Married Name: Her married name was Cowley.7
- Event-Misc: Elizabeth Mary Ellen Chugg was An article in The Examiner of Monday, 8 August 1966 related Mary's 90th birthday celebrations at the White Hills Hall in Cowley Road, White Hills. The following photograph accompanied the article.
Happy 90th birthday
Ninety-year-old Mrs. Mary Elizabeth Cowley, a woman who likes to get about and see friends, celebrated her birthday at White Hills on Saturday night.
About 80 people, relatives and friends, joined her at a party in the White Hills Hall.
Mrs. Cowley now lives at Nazareth House but spent most of her years at White Hills.
The daughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. John Chugg of Corra Lynn, she married the late Mr. Arthur Cowley in 1901.
She has seven sons. All but the youngest son, Mr. Lance Cowley, a welfare officer in N.S.W., were at White Hills on Saturday.
Other guests included some of her 21 grand-children and 20 great-grand-children.
Mrs. Cowley's relatives say she has lived a full 90 years, has enjoyed excellent health and her main interest is visiting friends. in 1966.
Family of Elizabeth Mary Ellen Chugg and Arthur Archibald Cowley
- BDM in Australia, Aust Vital Records 1788-1905, 2544.
- Tasmanian Archives database: Surname: CHUGG
Given Names: ELIZABETH MARY ELLEN
Father/Spouse Surname: JOHN
Mother/Spouse Given Names: CREW CHARLOTTE LOUISA
Registration Place: LAUNCESTON
Registration Number: 2544/1876
Reference: RGD 33.
- Find my past web sites, online http://www.findmypast.com or http://www.findmypast.com.au, original doc accessed.
- Digger - Tas BMD Digger databases on CD, Surname: CHUGG
Given Names: Charlotte Louisa
Mother/Spouse Given Names:
Place: WHITE HILLS
Registration Year: 1930
Registration Number: 587.
- Unknown author, Rootsweb various databases.
- Unknown author, Rootsweb various databases, Mary Elizabeth Ellen CHUGG was buried on 8 April 1969 at Carr Villa Monumental Cemetery, Launceston (C5 230 2/2, registration no. 25798). The funeral directors were CT Finney.
- Unknown author, Rootsweb various databases, Arthur Archibald COWLEY married his second wife, Mary Elizabeth Ellen CHUGG, on 2 July 1901 at the residence of Mr John CHUGG (father of the bride) of "Corra Linn", White Hills, TAS.
Witnesses to the wedding were W (G?) J CHUGG and Ada M CHUGG (bride's sister), both of ?Corra Linn?, White Hills.
They were married by licence according to the usages of the Church of England by the vicar of South Dorset, L S M ROCKEL (?). Arthur was aged 34 years, a farmer and a widower. Mary was aged 25, a spinster.