Harold Windemere Chugg1
#19876, b. 29 August 1897, d. 5 November 1916
- Father: Alexander Tasman Chugg1 b. 1871, d. 28 Sep 1953
- Mother: Annie Elizabeth Carter1 b. 23 May 1875, d. 18 Jun 1953
- Relationship: 5th cousin 4 times removed of My granddaughter Madison :-D
- Birth: Harold Windemere Chugg was born on 29 August 1897 in Longford, Tasmania, Australia.2,3
- Death: Harold died on 5 November 1916 in France (Aged 19 years, 2 months and 7 days, worked back from recorded birth date).4,5
- Religion: Harold was of the Presbyterian faith.
- Tasmanian Archives database.
- Tasmanian Archives database: Surname: CHUGG
Given Names: HAROLD WINDERMERE
Father/Spouse Surname: ALEXANDER TASMN
Mother/Spouse Given Names: CARTER ANNIE ELIZ
Registration Place: LONGFORD
Registration Number: 1304/1897
Reference: RGD 33.
- International Genealogical Index (IGI), Page 1304 in the Tasmanian on line originals (not sighted yet) - image 74 in the index.
- Website Commonwealth War Graves Commission - Web Site (unknown url) "Name: CHUGG, HAROLD WINDERMERE
Initials: H W
Regiment/Service: Australian Infantry, A.I.F.
Unit Text: 26th Bn.
Date of Death: 05/11/1916
Service No: 2466
Additional information: Son of Alexander Tasman Chugg and Annie Elizabeth Chugg, of Belmont, Relbia, Tasmania.
Casualty Type: Commonwealth War Dead
Memorial: VILLERS-BRETONNEUX MEMORIAL.
MEMORIAL: St Andrew's Presbyterian Church, Evandale, Tasmania - and other memorials in the district as well."
- Digger - Tas BMD Digger databases on CD, Surname: CHUGG
Given Names: Private No. 2466, 26th Battalion A.I.F. Harold Wintermere
Mother/Spouse Given Names:
Registration Year: 1918
Registration Number: 2506.
- Max Chugg, "eMail from Max Chugg Tasmania," e-mail to Shirley Elrick, various.
- Misc web sites, online see Citation Detail, CHUGG, Harold Windermere
Service No: 2466
26th Battalion, 5th Reinforcements
Born 29 August 1893, Franklin Village
Son of Alexander Tasman Chugg and Annie E Chugg nee Carter
Of Belmont, Relbia, Tasmania
Occupation prior to enlistment Farmer
Enlisted 6th July 1915, Claremont, Hobart
Embarkation: 5 October 1915 from Brisbane per ‘Warilda’
Age: 21 years
Served in France and Egypt
Killed in action 5th Nov 1916, In the Field France
Buried at ANZAC SECTION, 3rd Echelon G.H.Q. British Expeditionary Force
Courtesy of Manda Palmer
Tasmanian Weekly Courier, October 28 1915 insert 4.