#19913, b. 1809, d. September 1886
- Father: Samuel Larn1 b. 6 Feb 1788, d. Mar 1871
- Mother: Martha Ayers1 b. 17 Apr 1788, d. 24 Oct 1860
- Relationships: 4th great-uncle of Sister Susan :-), 6th great-uncle of My granddaughter Madison :-D, 5th great-uncle of Cousin Sarah Louise :-)
- Charts: Samuel Larn Descendent Chart (new style), Samuel LARN descendant chart
- Birth: James Larn was born in 1809 in Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England.1
- Christening: He was christened on 25 May 1818 in St Nicholas' Church, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England. James is named as James Larn LABOUR, but I think this must be a mis traslation of the parish record. James was born before parents married.2
- Marriage: He married Sarah Ann Ward, daughter of George Ward and Ann Prettyman, on Saturday, 11 August 1832 in Great Yarmouth, England, when they were 23 years ~&~ 28 years, 9 months and 9 days old. Witnessed by Samuel and Sarah LARN.3,4,5
- Death of Mother: His mother Martha Larn died on 24 October 1860 in Workhouse, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England.6
- Marriage of Son: His child George Larn was married on 25 December 1860 in Great Yarmouth, England.7,8
- Marriage of Daughter: His child Mary (Ann) Larn was married on 25 December 1860 in Great Yarmouth, England.9
- Death: James died on 16 August 1886 in Nettle Hill, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England, (Aged 77 years, worked back from recorded birth date).10
- Death Reg: James's death was registered in the quarter ended in September 1886 in the Great Yarmouth registration district, registered in sept quarter 1886. (His age calculates to 77 years).11
- Probate: His estate was probated on 2 September 1886. His executor was Robert DYBALL of 19 St Nicholas Terrace, a stone sawyer. The Estate was valued at £130.10
- Occupation: James was a beachman.
Children of James Larn and Sarah Ann Ward
- International Genealogical Index (IGI).
- BDM, British Isles Vital Record CD, Source: FHL Film 1526328. Dates: 1769 - 1833.
- BDM, British Isles Vital Record CD, LARN, James Marriage
Wife: Sarah Ann WARD
Marriage Date: 11 Aug 1832 Recorded in: Yarmouth, Norfolk, England
Collection: St Nicholas
Source: FHL Film 1526456 Dates: 1806 - 1848.
- BDM, Norfolk Marriages 1801-1837, LARN James 11 8 32 WARD Sarah Ann Yarmouth, Great 703.
- Free parish registers, online http://www.freereg.org.uk, Norfolk
Place Great Yarmouth
Church St Nicholas
MarriageDate 20 Sep 1840
GroomAbode Row No.
BrideForename Mary Ann
BrideAbode Row No.
WitnessOneForename Mary Ann
Notes Bride & groom sign X
- Copies of original certificates and docs.
- BDM, British Isles Vital Record CD, Source: FHL Film 1526456.
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "family tree from kollywobbles."
- BDM, British Isles Vital Record CD, RAMSEY, Walter Age: 24 Marriage
Wife: Mary Ann LARN Age: 21
Marriage Date: 25 Dec 1860 Recorded in: Yarmouth, Norfolk, England
Collection: St Nicholas
Husband's Father: Thomas RAMSEY
Wife's Father: James LARN
Source: FHL Film 1526457 Dates: 1857 - 1862.
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "
England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1966 about James Larn
Name: James Larn
Probate Date: 2 Sep 1886
Death Date: 16 Aug 1886
Death Place: Norfolk, England
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com
- Norfolk Trans Archive, online http://www.genealogy.doun.org/transcriptions, LARN James 35 Beachman (Back Cromer Pl)
LARN Sarah 40
LARN James 9
LARN George 7
LARN Ann 5
LARN Mary 2
LARN John 3 mth.
- Norfolk Trans Archive, online http://www.genealogy.doun.org/transcriptions