#20537, b. 1816, d. June 1877
- Relationships: 3rd great-grandfather of Sister Susan :-), 5th great-grandfather of My granddaughter Madison :-D, 4th great-grandfather of Cousin Sarah Louise :-)
- Charts: Pedigree (compressed), Pedigree (paged), Pedigree (wide), Pedigree (indented), Pedigree (compressed), Pedigree (paged), Pedigree (wide), Pedigree (indented), Pedigree Chart Shirley (Blake)
- Birth: Seymour Hunt was born in 1816 in Billingford, Norfolk, England, from 1851 census, Billingford registers in free reg end at 1812.
- Marriage: He married Mary Mowle, daughter of James Mowle and Phoebe Pettit, on Monday, 29 December 1845 in Registration District of, Hartismere, Oakley, Suffolk, England, when they were 19 years, 7 months and 14 days ~&~ 29 years old. The ceremony was witnessed by Solomon Mowle. Mary was illiterate but Seymour could write. A Solomon HUNT was a witness.1
- (Admin_beneficiary_2) Probate: In 1867 Seymour Hunt became one of the administrators named in the probate documents of Levi Hunt; The estate was valued at £800.2
- (Widow) Death: In 1869, at the age of 53 years, Seymour was left a widower by the death of Mary Hunt.
- Marriage of Daughter: His child Frederica Hunt was married in June 1874 in Registration District of, Norwich, Norfolk, England.3
- Marriage of Daughter: His child Pheobe Hunt was married in December 1874 in Registration District of, Hartismere, Suffolk, England.
- Marriage of Daughter: His child Elizabeth Hunt was married on 8 July 1876 in Parish Church, Oakley, Suffolk, England.4,1
- Death: Seymour died on 13 May 1877 in Oakley, Suffolk, England, of Exhaustion and Tubercular Bronchitis, of which he had been suffering for 4 months. He was 62 (Aged 61 years, worked back from recorded birth date).5
- Death Reg: Seymour's death was registered in the quarter ended in June 1877 in the Hartismere registration district. (His age calculates to 61 years).6
- Burial: He was buried on 17 May 1877 in St Nicholas', Oakley, Suffolk, England.7
- Occupation: Seymour was Carpenter.1
- Note - Concl: In 1841 a Rose PETTETT was with the family. 4 years later Seymour married Mary MOWLE whose mother was PETTETT before she married. Therrefore I believe we have the correct Seymour HUNT, son of James., who was living in Oakley in 1841.
- Directory: He was listed in a directory issued in 1874 as a carpenter. his address was Oakley, Suffolk, England. Samuel PETIT, basket maker, and William WHATLING, thatcher, were linsted as living in the same place.
Children of Seymour Hunt and Mary Mowle
- Copies of original certificates and docs.
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1966 about Levi Hunt
Name: Levi Hunt
Probate Date: 29 May 1867
Death Date: 4 Apr 1867
Death Place: Norfolk, England
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Hunt Fredericker Norwich 4b 231.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, HUNT Elizabeth Hartismere 4a 855 TonyRail
BOYCE James Hartismere 4a 855 walj.
- Certificate or Original Parish Reg Entry, Extract from original records, Copy received from Jean Eastoe.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, HUNT, Seymour aged 62 - Hartismere 4a/386.
- Burials in Britain, DB - National Burial Index (Britain), Seymour HUNT Date 17 May 1877 Aged 62 Place Oakley Description St Nicholas Denomination Anglican County code SFK.