Sarah Jane Brackenbury
#20778, b. 1857
- Father: William Francis Brackenbury b. 10 Oct 1821, d. 25 Jan 1890
- Mother: Mary Ann Wade b. 22 Oct 1815, d. 14 Jun 1885
- Birth: Sarah Jane Brackenbury was born in 1857 in Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England.
- Marr Reg: The marriage of Sarah and an unknown person was registered in the quarter ended June 1877 in the Great Yarmouth registration district.1
- Marriage: She married William Brown, son of William Brown, on Sunday, 16 September 1877 in St Nicholas' Church, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England, when they were 23 years ~&~ 20 years old. The ceremony was witnessed by Eliza H Engelke and William Henry Adolph Engelke. The witnesses were the bride's sister and her sister's husband. It is possible the dates have been transcribed incorrectly as the marriage was registered in the quarter ended Jun 1877.2
- Occupation: Sarah was a silk winder.
- Married Name: Her married name was Brown.2
Family of Sarah Jane Brackenbury and William Brown
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Brackenbury Sarah Jane and Brown William Yarmouth 4b 22.
- Free parish registers, online http://www.freereg.org.uk, County Norfolk
Place Great Yarmouth
Church St Nicholas
MarriageDate 16 Sep 1877
BrideForename Sarah Jane
BrideAbode N Quay
BrideFatherForename William Francis
WitnessTwoForename Eliza Harriet