#91, b. 29 December 1827, d. December 1917
Medals awarded to Christmas Patterson for his service in the Royal Navy. Refer to research note for details (as supplied by Sid PATTERSON)
- Father: Jonathan Patterson b. 7 Aug 1796, d. 19 Apr 1849
- Mother: Mary Waterton b. 12 Sep 1791, d. 1 May 1839
- Birth: Christmas Patterson was born on 25 December 1827 in Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England, most likely Gorleston, Suffolk, as this is listed in 1891 census.
- Christening: He was christened on 29 December 1827 in St Nicholas' Church, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England. These are the only details in the original Parish Register as seen on the LDS pilot site - 2011. Also, please note that IGI index has this group of christeningistening as occurring in Earsdon by North Shields. There is an error in the naming of the parish, and the whole group actually occurred in Great Yarmouth.1,2
- Death of Mother: His mother Mary Patterson died on 1 May 1839 in Row 44, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England.3
- Death of Father: His father Jonathan Patterson died on 19 April 1849 in Row 127, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England.4
- Marriage Bann: Marriage banns for Christmas Patterson and Priscilla Charlotte Baxfield were published on 27 December 1856 in Great Yarmouth, England; The banns request is signed by Christmas. Both lived in Row 123, and they were both said to be single.
- Marr Reg: The marriage of Christmas and Priscilla Charlotte Baxfield was registered in the quarter ended March 1857 in the Great Yarmouth registration district. Priscilla is the daughter of Priscilla, Christmas' step-mother.5
- Marriage of Son: His child Christmas Thomas Patterson was married on 14 January 1882 in Holy Trinity Church, Blackheath Hill, Greater London, England.6
- Marriage of Son: His child Christmas Thomas Patterson was married in September 1884 in Registration District of, St George in the East, Greater London, England.
- Marriage of Daughter: His child Amy Mary Patterson was married on 4 January 1894 in Great Yarmouth, England.7
- Death Reg: Christmas's death was registered in the quarter ended in December 1917 in the Great Yarmouth registration district, aged 89. (His age calculates to 89 years and 11 months).8
- Occupation: Christmas was a cooper's apprentice, then a tailor, then a naval pensioner. In 1871, Christmas was a Commissioned Boatman in the Coast Guard living in Sussex. Papers from Sidney PATTERSON filed in Military folder.
Children of Christmas Patterson and Priscilla Charlotte Baxfield
- England & Wales Parish Records, 1530-1906, online http://www.ancestry.com, Name: Christmas Patterson
Christening Date: 29 Dec 1827
Christening Place: Yarmouth, Norfolk, England
Father's Name: Jonathan Patterson
Mother's Name: Mary.
- BDM, British Isles Vital Record CD.
- Copies of original certificates and docs.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Name: Jonathan Patterson
Year of Registration: 1849
Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun
District: Yarmouth (1837-1924)
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "Original Doc downloaded - London, England, Marriages and Banns, 1754-1921 Record for Christmas Thomas Patterson."
- BDM, British Isles Vital Record CD, Name: Amy Mary Patterson
Birth Date: abt 1869
Father's Name: Christmas Patterson
Spouse's Name: Albert Henry Steward
Spouse's Age: 24
Spouse's Father's Name: Frederick Charles Steward
Marriage Date: 4 Jan 1894
Marriage Place: Yarmouth, Norfolk, England.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Patterson Christmas 89 Yarmouth 4b 37.
- Sidney Patterson, "Sidney Patterson email," e-mail from e-mail address, various, email Feb 2012.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, PATTERSON Christmas Thomas Yarmouth 4b 25.