#92, b. 3 June 1821, d. March 1908
- Father: Jonathan Patterson b. 7 Aug 1796, d. 19 Apr 1849
- Mother: Mary Waterton b. 12 Sep 1791, d. 1 May 1839
- Birth: Amy Patterson was born in 1821 in Filby, Norfolk, England.
- Christening: She was christened on 3 June 1821 in All Saints' Church, Filby, Norfolk, England.1
- Death of Mother: Her mother Mary Patterson died on 1 May 1839 in Row 44, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England.2
- (Witness) Marriage: She witnessed the marriage of Jonathan Patterson and Priscilla Partridge on 28 January 1844 in St Nicholas' Church, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England; certificate reads - Jonathan PATTERSON full aged widower and Priscilla BEXFIELD full aged widow were married by banns. Matthew was a labourer and Priscilla worked in a factory. Jonathan's father was not listed, but Priscilla's was Mark PARTRIDGE, a sawyer. The witnesses were James BURMAN (unknown to me at this time) and Emma PATTERSON who was Jonathan's daughter. From the birth date of their first child it appears that Priscilla was in the early months of pregnancy when they married.3,4
- Marriage: Amy Patterson married Robert Masters, son of Robert Masters, on Sunday, 7 March 1847 in Great Yarmouth, England, when they were 21 years ~&~ 25 years, 9 months and 4 days old. Robert was illiterate.5,6
- Death of Father: Her father Jonathan Patterson died on 19 April 1849 in Row 127, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England.7
- (Widow) Death: In 1871-1881 Amy was left a widow by the death of Robert Masters.
- Marr Reg: The marriage of Amy and James Bell was registered in the quarter ended March 1888 in the Norwich registration district.8
- (Widow) Death: In 1894, at the age of 72 years, 10 months and 13 days, Amy was left a widow by the death of James Bell.8,9
- (Admin_beneficiary) Probate: In 1895 Amy Patterson became the administrator and/or the beneficiary named in the probate documents of James Bell; The estate was valued at £81.
- Death Reg: Amy's death was registered in the quarter ended in March 1908 in the Great Yarmouth registration district, no probate. (Her age calculates to 86 years and 8 months).10
- Death: Amy died on 23 March 1908 in 22 Northgate Street, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England, (Aged 86 years, 9 months and 20 days, worked back from recorded birth date).11
- Burial: She was buried on 31 March 1908 in Caister Borough Cemetery D1215, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England.11
- Married Name: Her married name was Bell.8
- Name Variation: She was also known as Emma Patterson.
- Residence: In 1847 Amy lived in Pudding Gates, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England.
- Married Name: Her married name was Masters.12
Family of Amy Patterson and Robert Masters
Family of Amy Patterson and James Bell
- Free parish registers, online http://www.freereg.org.uk, County Norfolk
Church All Saint's
BaptismDate 03 Jun 1821
- Copies of original certificates and docs.
- BDM, British Isles Vital Record CD, Name: Jonathan Patterson
Spouse's Name: Priscilla Bexfield
Spouse's Father's Name: Mark Partrage
Marriage Date: 28 Jan 1844
Marriage Place: Yarmouth, Norfolk, England.
- Free parish registers, online http://www.freereg.org.uk, Norfolk
Place Great Yarmouth
Church St Nicholas
MarriageDate 28 Jan 1844
GroomAbode South End
BrideOccupation Works in Factory
BrideAbode South End
Notes Bride & groom sign X
- BDM, British Isles Vital Record CD, Name: Emma Patterson
Father's Name: Jonathan Patterson
Spouse's Name: Robert Masters
Spouse's Father's Name: Robert Masters
Marriage Date: 7 Mar 1847
Marriage Place: Yarmouth, Norfolk, England.
- Certificate or Original Parish Reg Entry, Extract from original records, downloaded.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Name: Jonathan Patterson
Year of Registration: 1849
Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun
District: Yarmouth (1837-1924)
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, BELL James Norwich 4b 213
Masters Amy Norwich 4b 213.
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1966 about James Bell
Name: James Bell
Probate Date: 28 Dec 1895
Death Date: 16 Apr 1894
Death Place: Yarmouth, England
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Bell Amy 87 Yarmouth 4b 17.
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "Name: Amy Bell
Death Age: 87
Birth Date: abt 1821
Death Date: abt 1908
Death Place: 22 Northgate Street
Burial Date: 31 Mar 1908
Burial Place: Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England
Cemetery Section: D
Grave Number: 1215
Interment Number: 194
Cemetery Notes: Consecrated."
- BDM, British Isles Vital Record CD.