John Watt Beattie
#680, b. 15 August 1859, d. 22 June 1930
- Father: John Beattie b. 6 Jul 1818
- Mother: Esther Imlay Gillivray b. 1839, d. 1872
- Birth: John Watt Beattie was born on 15 August 1859 in Old Machar, Aberdeen, Scotland.1
- Death of Mother: His mother Esther Imlay Gillivray died in 1872 in Drumoak, Aberdeen, Scotland.
- Marriage: John Watt Beattie married Emily Cox Cato, daughter of Joseph Cato and Frances Hickman, on Thursday, 28 October 1886 in Hobart, Tasmania, Australia, when they were 27 years, 2 months and 13 days ~&~ 21 years, 4 months and 19 days old. From Tasmanian Family Link.2,3
- Death: John died on 22 June 1930 in 28 Jordan Hill Road, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia, (Aged 70 years, 10 months and 7 days, worked back from recorded birth date).4
- Burial: He was buried on 26 June 1930 in Carre-Villa cemetery, Launceston, Tasmania, Australia.5
- Occupation: John was a Photographer who had rooms at 52 Elizabeth Street, Hobart in 1903.6
- Immigration: In 1 May 1884John Watt Beattie emigrated from London on the ship 'SS Abington' to Hobart Australia.
- Will: John Watt Beattie left a will in 1930 in Tasmania, Australia.7
Children of John Watt Beattie and Emily Cox Cato
- International Genealogical Index (IGI), C119061 1855-1867 6035516 REGISTER Film NONE.
- BDM in Australia, Aust Vital Records 1788-1905, BEATTIE, John Watt CM 52114 Age: 28 Marriage
Spouse: CATO, Emily Cox Age: 21
Marriage Date: 28 Oct 1886
Reg Year: 1886 Reg State: Tasmania
Ref Number: 389.
- Website Tasmania, Australia, Index to Marriage Notices in The Mercury, 1854-1962 (unknown url) "Emily Cox Cato
Spouse Name: John Beattie
Marriage Date: 28 Oct 1886
Publication Date: 4 Nov 1886."
- Trove Digitised Newspapers, The Mercury (Hobart, Tas. : 1860 - 1954) Wednesday 25 June 1930 p 7 Article Illustrated, very extensive bio.
- Tas cemeteries database, online http://eheritage.statelibrary.tas.gov.au, BEATTIE John Watt 70 Burial 26-Jun-1930 SANDY BAY.
- Find my past web sites, online http://www.findmypast.com or http://www.findmypast.com.au, Tasmanian P O Directory 1903 (Wise).
- Tasmanian Wills 1825 - 1915, online http://digital.statelibrary.tas.gov.au, Beattie John Watt 1930 AD960/55 18 18059.
- Misc web sites, online see Citation Detail, Roe, Michael, 'Beattie, John Watt (1859–1930)', Australian Dictionary of Biography, National Centre of Biography, Australian National University, http://adb.anu.edu.au/biography/beattie-john-watt-5171/…, accessed 31 January 2012.
This article was first published in hardcopy in Australian Dictionary of Biography, Volume 7, (MUP), 1979.
- BDM in Australia, Aust Vital Records 1788-1905.