#21713, b. 8 April 1840, d. 5 April 1916
- Father: John Bayfield1 b. 6 Mar 1797, d. 1852
- Mother: Mary Ann Lawrence b. 12 Mar 1804, d. 4 Aug 1855
- Relationship: 3rd great-grandfather of Cousin Sarah Louise :-)
- Birth: John Bayfield was born on 8 April 1840 in Cromer, Norfolk, England.1,2
- Christening: He was christened on 5 July 1840 in St Peter's and St Paul's Church, Cromer, Norfolk, England.2
- Death of Mother: His mother Mary Ann Bayfield died on 4 August 1855 in Cromer, England.
- Marriage: John Bayfield married Grace Simons, daughter of Samuel Simons and Mary Ransom, on Thursday, 14 July 1881 in St Nicholas' Church, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England, when they were 41 years, 3 months and 6 days ~&~ 39 years, 10 months and 12 days old. Bride and groom both lived in Admiralty Road. Witnessed by William and Caroline BAYFIELD. John and Grace were 2nd cousins.3,4,1
- Marriage of Son: His child John Bayfield was married in December 1904 in Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England.5,6
- Death: John died on 5 April 1916 in 10 Mariner's Road, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England, (Aged 75 years, 11 months and 28 days, worked back from recorded birth date).7
- Burial: He was buried on 14 April 1916 in Caister Borough Cemetery Plot F1032, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England, Unconsecrated ground.
- Death Reg: John's death was registered in the quarter ended in June 1916 in the Great Yarmouth registration district, aged 75. (His age calculates to 76 years and 1 month).8
- Occupation: John was a cavalry soldier. He joined the army (the Dragoons) in 1857 and served for over 20 years. In 1881 he described himself as an army pensioner. In 1882 he was a Pier Keeper.
Children of John Bayfield and Grace Simons
- John Bayfield+ b. Mar 1882, d. 26 Apr 1965
- Grace Bayfield b. Dec 1883
- BDM, British Isles Vital Record CD.
- Free parish registers, online http://www.freereg.org.uk, County Norfolk
Church St Peter And St Paul
DateOfBirth 09 Apr 1840
BaptismDate 05 Jul 1840
MotherForename Mary Ann
- Free parish registers, online http://www.freereg.org.uk, Norfolk
Place Great Yarmouth
Church St Nicholas
MarriageDate 14 Jul 1881
GroomAbode Admiralty Rd
BrideAbode Admiralty Rd
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Bayfield, John and Simons, Grace - Yarmouth. 4b/9.
- Letter, Shirley Eastoe to Shirley Elrick, May 2008; June 2012.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Bayfield, John and Hewitt, Marion Richenda - Yarmouth. 4b/48.
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "Name: John Bayfield
Death Age: 75
Death Place: 10 Mariners Road
Burial Date: 11 Apr
Burial Place: Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England
Cemetery Section: F
Grave Number: 1032.
Interment Number: 2769
Cemetery Notes: Not Consecrated."
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Bayfield John 75 Yarmouth 4b 2.