Aubery Thorn Chittock
#21876, b. 4 April 1876, d. 1953
- Father: John Carsey Chittock b. 3 Jun 1838, d. Sep 1904
- Mother: Rachael Frances Chapman1 b. 1845, d. 1923
- Relationships: 3rd cousin 3 times removed of Sister Susan :-), 3rd cousin 5 times removed of My granddaughter Madison :-D, 3rd cousin 4 times removed of Cousin Sarah Louise :-)
- Birth: Aubery Thorn Chittock was born on 4 April 1876 in The Grange, Eaton, Norwich, Norfolk, England.
- Christening: He was christened on 16 June 1876 in Holy Trinity, Heigham, Norfolk, England.1
- Marriage: He married Ethel Utting, daughter of Stephen William Utting and Emma Hewett, in 1908 in Norwich, Norfolk, England, when they were 33 years ~&~ 31 years old.
- Marr Reg: The marriage of Aubery and Ethel Utting was registered in the quarter ended September 1908 in the Norwich registration district.2
- (Admin_beneficiary_2) Probate: In 1927 Aubery Thorn Chittock became one of the administrators named in the probate documents of Edith Mary Chittock; Edith Mary of Eaton Grange Unthank Road Norwich spinster died 20th December 1926 Administration granted to Gilbert Carsey CHITTOCK and Aubrey Thorn CHITTOCK solicitors. Effects over £8,546.
- (Admin_beneficiary_2) Probate: In 1942 Aubery Thorn Chittock became one of the administrators named in the probate documents of Mabel Adeline Chittock; The Estate was valued at £5,571.4
- (Admin_beneficiary_2) Probate: In 1945 Aubery Thorn Chittock became one of the administrators named in the probate documents of Gilbert Carsey Chittock; The estate was valued at £8,950.
- Death Reg: Aubery's death was registered in the quarter ended in 1953 in the Norwich registration district, aged 77. (His age calculates to 76 years).5
- (Widow) Death: In 1953, at the age of 77 years and 1 day, Aubery was left a widower by the death of Ethel Chittock.6
- (Admin_beneficiary) Probate: In 1953 Aubery Thorn Chittock became the administrator and/or the beneficiary named in the probate documents of Ethel Utting; The Estate was valued at £3,982.
- Death: Aubery died on 3 December 1953 in St Helen's House Nursing Home, Norwich, Norfolk, England, (Aged 77 years, 7 months and 29 days, worked back from recorded birth date).7
- Probate: His estate was probated on 18 January 1954. Betty Muirhead Chittock and Gerald Sambrooke Sturgess were the administrators and/or the beneficiaries. The Estate was valued at £20,991.
- Occupation: Aubery was A solicitor and a Commander of the Special Constables.
- Residence: In 1908 Aubery Thorn and Gilbert lived in Bracken Brae, 8 Matlock Road, Thorpe Hamlet, Norwich, Norfolk, England.8,9
- Association: Aubery Thorn Chittock and Gilbert Carsey Chittock were associated in 1912 in Chittock & Chittock, Solicitors, 58 London Street, Norwich, Norfolk, England.
- Residence: In 1933 Aubery Thorn lived in 12 Chapel Field North, Norwich, Norfolk, England.10
- Residence: In 1953 Aubery Thorn lived in Norwich, England.
- Free parish registers, online http://www.freereg.org.uk, County Norfolk
Church Holy Trinity
DateOfBirth 04 Apr 1876
BaptismDate 16 Jun 1876
Forename Aubrey Morce
FatherForename John Carsey
MotherForename Rachael Frances
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, CHITTOCK Aubrey Thorn Norwich 4b 323.
- Find my past web sites, online http://www.findmypast.com or http://www.findmypast.com.au, Chittock Household (2 People) 12 Chapel Field North , Norwich C.B., Norfolk, England
Attach to tree
View original image
First name(s) Last name(s) DOB Sex Occupation Marital status Schedule Schedule Sub Number
Aubrey L Chittock 04 Apr 1876 Male Solicitor Married 152 1
Ethel Chittock 20 Jul 1874 Female Unpaid Domestic Duties Married 152 2
Ref: RG101/6522G/014/5 Letter Code: TPOY.
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1966 about Mabel Adeline Chittock
Name: Mabel Adeline Chittock
Probate Date: 12 Sep 1942
Death Date: 16 May 1942
Death Place: Essex, England
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Aubrey T Chittock
Death Registration Month/Year: 1953
Age at death (estimated): 77
Registration district: Norwich
Inferred County: Norfolk
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "
England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1966 about Ethel Chittock
Name: Ethel Chittock
Probate Date: 30 May 1953
Death Date: 5 Apr 1953
Death Place: Norwich
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1966 about Aubrey Thorn Chittock
Name: Aubrey Thorn Chittock
Probate Date: 18 Jan 1954
Death Date: 3 Dec 1953
Death Place: Norwich
- Kelly, 1908 Kelly's dir of Norfolk, Chittock Aubrey Thorn, and Chittock Gilbert Csssey, 8 Matlock Road, Thorpe Hamlet, Norwich.
- Gavin Chittock, "Gavin Chittock email," e-mail from e-mail address, various.
- Unknown compiler, 1933 Kelly's dir of Norfolk.