#25632, b. 15 July 1814, d. June 1878
- Relationship: Grandfather of Garson Henry Lovewell Blake :possibly Garson Edric JOHNSON's (later Geoffrey JACKSON) natural father?
- Charts: Pedigree (indented), Pedigree (indented), Blake (Essex) descendant chart, Blake descendant chart
- Birth: Garson Blake was born on 15 July 1814 in Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England, Date from a memorial card, scan sent to me by Jenremy.
- Christening: He was christened on 19 April 1815 in Middlegate Congregational, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England. Mis-transcribed as Arson but mother's name is GARSON.2
- Marriage: He married Elizabeth Lovewell Laws, daughter of James Laws and Ann Silvers, on Tuesday, 3 May 1836 in Gorleston, Norfolk, England, when they were 22 years, 2 months and 26 days ~&~ 21 years, 9 months and 18 days old.1
- Marriage of Son: His child Lovewell Blake was married in December 1862 in Registration District of, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England.
- Marriage of Son: His child Arthur William Blake was married in 1866 in Gorleston, England.3
- Marriage of Son: His child Garson James Blake was married in December 1866 in Registration District of, Braintree, Essex, England.4
- Marriage of Son: His child Stuart Charles Blake was married on 14 January 1869 in Great Yarmouth, England.5,6
- Marriage of Son: His child John Henry Blake was married in December 1870 in Registration District of, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Northumberland, England.
- Marriage of Son: His child Stuart Charles Blake was married in September 1873 in Great Yarmouth, England.
- Death Reg: Garson's death was registered in the quarter ended in June 1878 in the Mutford, South Town, Yarmouth registration district. (His age calculates to 63 years and 10 months).7
- Death: Garson died on 2 June 1878 in Southtown, Yarmouth, Norfolk, England, (Aged 63 years, 10 months and 18 days, worked back from recorded birth date).
- Burial: He was buried on 7 June 1878 in Yarmouth Old Cemetery, Location A 358, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England.8
- Probate: His estate was probated on 19 June 1878. Lovewell Blake and Garson James Blake were the administrators and/or the beneficiaries. His effects were valued at under £3,000.
- Occupation: Garson was a cashier at Messers. Gurney's Bank when he married Elizabeth. He was later a ship owner and coal merchant, as well as a fire and ship insurance agent. A Mr G BLAKE was listed as the Yarmouth Agent for General Life and Fire Assurance Company in newspapers in 1852.
* It appears he was in a partnership with his sons (L = Lovewell; G.J.= Garson James; and J.H. = John Henry). This partnership was dissolved in May 1868, refer to cutting in the exhibits.
* He was appointed as the Belgian Consul in Yarmouth in 1873 (The Times Wednesday, Jan 08, 1873; pg. 8; Issue 27581; col A ).
Children of Garson Blake and Elizabeth Lovewell Laws
- Lovewell Blake+ b. 10 Apr 1837, d. Dec 1910
- Garson James Blake+15 b. 1839, d. 1921
- John Henry Blake+ b. 1841, d. Sep 1911
- Arthur William Blake+ b. 8 Aug 1842, d. Mar 1922
- Stuart Charles Blake+ b. Dec 1843, d. Mar 1925
- Anna Elizabeth Lovewell Blake+ b. 1848, d. Dec 1930
- Helen Silvers Blake+ b. 1849, d. Sep 1946
- Herbert Priest Blake+ b. 1851, d. Mar 1923
- Edith Jessie Blake+ b. 1853, d. Sep 1942
- Clara Laws Blake+ b. 1855, d. Jun 1933
- Ernest Brightin Blake+ b. Jun 1859, d. Jun 1927
- Laura May Blake b. Jun 1862
- BDM, Norfolk Marriages 1801-1837, BLAKE Gaison 3 5 1836 LAWE Elizabeth Lovewell Gorleston.
- Free parish registers, online http://www.freereg.org.uk, Norfolk
Place Great Yarmouth
Church Middlegate Congregational Tr
BaptismDate 19 Apr 1815
- The Foxearth and District Local History Society, Foxearth Archive, On the 8th August, at the parish church, Gorleston, Suffolk, by the Rev A.D. CAMPBELL, M.A., late minister of Gorleston,
assisted by the Rev J. P. BRITTON, of Brightlingsea, Essex, Arthur William BLAKE, of Southtown, Great Yarmouth, to Ellen
Louise, second daughter of James LING, of Gorleston.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Baintree Essex Dec 1866 4a/703.
- Website England and Wales BMD records 1530-1940 (unknown url) "Stuart Charles Blake
Birth Date: abt 1844
Father's name: Garson Blake
Spouse's name: Mary Ann Buston
Spouse's Age: 20
Spouse's Father's Name: Hezekiah William Buston
Marriage Date: 14 Jan 1869
Marriage Place: Yarmouth, Norfolk, England."
- The Foxearth and District Local History Society, Foxearth Archive, BLAKE --- BUSTON. On the 14th January, at St Nicholas' Church, by the Rev F.C. CLUTTERBUCK, Mr Stuart C. BLAKE, to Mary Ann, daughter of Mr Hezekiah W. BUSTON, both of Great Yarmouth.
From East Suffolk Gazette And Beccles And Bungay Weekly News 19 January 1869 Page 5, column 5
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Garson Blake
Estimated birth year: abt 1815
Year of Registration: 1878
Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun
Age at Death: 63
County: Norfolk, Suffolk
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "Name: Garson Blake
Death Age: 63
Birth Date: abt 1815
Death Date: abt 1878
Death Place: Southtown Suffolk
Burial Date: 7 Jun 1878
Burial Place: Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England
Cemetery: Yarmouth Old Cemetery
Cemetery Section: A
Grave Number: 358
Interment Number: 8995
Cemetery Notes: Not Consecrated."
- Find my past web sites, online http://www.findmypast.com or http://www.findmypast.com.au, Publication:Norfolk News
Publication date:Saturday 10 June 1848.
- Find my past web sites, online http://www.findmypast.com or http://www.findmypast.com.au, Headline: YARMOUTH COUNTY COURT, Jan. 27.
Publication date:Saturday 29 January 1859.
- International Genealogical Index (IGI), England, Norfolk Register of Electors, 1844-1952
- F Danby Palmer, Yarmouth Notes 1830 - 1872.
- British newspapers Nat Lib AU, The Times, Tuesday, Feb 20, 1866; pg. 4; Issue 25426.
- John OWEN and Mark PIERSON, 15th August 1866, Harriet's children are as follows - 3 Garson Blake living - 12 children.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Blake Garson James Mutford &c 13 431.