Elizabeth Lovewell Laws1
#25633, b. 7 February 1814, d. September 1901
Sent to me by Jeremy GILES (email@example.com), who says ~~ On the back it says: “Grandmother Blake D.M.J”. It was taken by W. R. Miller a professional photographer working at 182 King Street, Great Yarmouth. I take D.M.J to be Doris Margaret Jones nee Giles, my Great-aunt. So the lady in the photograph will be Elizabeth Lovewell Blake nee Laws.
- Father: James Laws b. 1765, d. 25 Nov 1825
- Mother: Ann Silvers d. 17 Aug 1816
- Relationship: Grandmother of Garson Henry Lovewell Blake :possibly Garson Edric JOHNSON's (later Geoffrey JACKSON) natural father?
- Charts: Pedigree (indented), Pedigree (indented), Blake (Essex) descendant chart, Blake descendant chart
- Christening: Elizabeth Lovewell Laws was christened on 7 February 1814 in Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England.2
- Death of Mother: Her mother Ann Silvers died on 17 August 1816 in Great Yarmouth, England.3
- Death of Father: Her father James Laws died on 25 November 1825.4
- (Witness) Marriage: She witnessed the marriage of Ann Brown Agnew and Isaac Everett on 6 May 1833 in St Nicholas Church, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England; Groom from South Creake. Other witness was James AGNEW.
- Marriage: Elizabeth Lovewell Laws married Garson Blake, son of John Barnabas Blake and Harriet Garson, on Tuesday, 3 May 1836 in Gorleston, Norfolk, England, when they were 22 years, 2 months and 26 days ~&~ 21 years, 9 months and 18 days old.1
- Marriage of Son: Her child Lovewell Blake was married in December 1862 in Registration District of, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England.
- Marriage of Son: Her child Arthur William Blake was married in 1866 in Gorleston, England.5
- Marriage of Son: Her child Garson James Blake was married in December 1866 in Registration District of, Braintree, Essex, England.6
- Marriage of Son: Her child Stuart Charles Blake was married on 14 January 1869 in Great Yarmouth, England.7,8
- Marriage of Son: Her child John Henry Blake was married in December 1870 in Registration District of, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Northumberland, England.
- Marriage of Son: Her child Stuart Charles Blake was married in September 1873 in Great Yarmouth, England.
- (Widow) Death: In 1878, at the age of 64 years, 3 months and 26 days, Elizabeth Lovewell was left a widow by the death of Garson Blake.
- Marriage of Son: Her child Herbert Priest Blake was married in March 1879 in Registration District of, West Ham, Essex, England.9
- Marriage of Daughter: Her child Anna Elizabeth Lovewell Blake was married in June 1880 in Great Yarmouth, England.10
- Marriage of Son: Her child Ernest Brightin Blake was married on 8 August 1882 in Great Yarmouth, England.11
- Marriage of Daughter: Her child Helen Silvers Blake was married in March 1884 in Registration District of, Mutford, Gorleston, Norfolk, England.12
- Marriage of Daughter: Her child Edith Jessie Blake was married on 31 August 1886 in Chelsea, Greater London, England.
- Marriage of Daughter: Her child Clara Laws Blake was married in September 1893 in Registration District of, Wandsworth, Greater London, England.
- Death Reg: Elizabeth's death was registered in the quarter ended in September 1901 in the Great Yarmouth registration district. (Her age calculates to 87 years and 6 months).13
- Married Name: Her married name was Blake.1
Children of Elizabeth Lovewell Laws and Garson Blake
- Lovewell Blake+ b. 10 Apr 1837, d. Dec 1910
- Garson James Blake+14 b. 1839, d. 1921
- John Henry Blake+ b. 1841, d. Sep 1911
- Arthur William Blake+ b. 8 Aug 1842, d. Mar 1922
- Stuart Charles Blake+ b. Dec 1843, d. Mar 1925
- Anna Elizabeth Lovewell Blake+ b. 1848, d. Dec 1930
- Helen Silvers Blake+ b. 1849, d. Sep 1946
- Herbert Priest Blake+ b. 1851, d. Mar 1923
- Edith Jessie Blake+ b. 1853, d. Sep 1942
- Clara Laws Blake+ b. 1855, d. Jun 1933
- Ernest Brightin Blake+ b. Jun 1859, d. Jun 1927
- Laura May Blake b. Jun 1862
- BDM, Norfolk Marriages 1801-1837, BLAKE Gaison 3 5 1836 LAWE Elizabeth Lovewell Gorleston.
- International Genealogical Index (IGI), Name: Elizabeth Lovel Lawes
Christening Date: 07 Feb 1814
Christening Place: GREAT YARMOUTH,NORFOLK,ENGLAND
Father's Name: James Lawes
Mother's Name: Ann
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: C00024-6
System Origin: England-ODM
GS Film number: 1526328
Citing this Record:
"England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975," index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/NYZP-RL5 : accessed 18 January 2015), Elizabeth Lovel Lawes, 07 Feb 1814; citing GREAT YARMOUTH,NORFOLK,ENGLAND, reference ; FHL microfilm 1,526,328.
- Free parish registers, online http://www.freereg.org.uk, Family tree of Owner: Linda Tomlin.
- Free parish registers, online http://www.freereg.org.uk, Norfolk
Place Great Yarmouth
Church St Nicholas
BurialDate 29 Nov 1825
- The Foxearth and District Local History Society, Foxearth Archive, On the 8th August, at the parish church, Gorleston, Suffolk, by the Rev A.D. CAMPBELL, M.A., late minister of Gorleston,
assisted by the Rev J. P. BRITTON, of Brightlingsea, Essex, Arthur William BLAKE, of Southtown, Great Yarmouth, to Ellen
Louise, second daughter of James LING, of Gorleston.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Baintree Essex Dec 1866 4a/703.
- Website England and Wales BMD records 1530-1940 (unknown url) "Stuart Charles Blake
Birth Date: abt 1844
Father's name: Garson Blake
Spouse's name: Mary Ann Buston
Spouse's Age: 20
Spouse's Father's Name: Hezekiah William Buston
Marriage Date: 14 Jan 1869
Marriage Place: Yarmouth, Norfolk, England."
- The Foxearth and District Local History Society, Foxearth Archive, BLAKE --- BUSTON. On the 14th January, at St Nicholas' Church, by the Rev F.C. CLUTTERBUCK, Mr Stuart C. BLAKE, to Mary Ann, daughter of Mr Hezekiah W. BUSTON, both of Great Yarmouth.
From East Suffolk Gazette And Beccles And Bungay Weekly News 19 January 1869 Page 5, column 5
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Blake Herbert Priest West Ham
Richards Bessie W. Ham 4a 114.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Blake Anna Elizabeth L Yarmouth 4b 34.
- Find my past web sites, online http://www.findmypast.com or http://www.findmypast.com.au, Publication:Bury and Norwich Post
Publication date:Tuesday 15 August 1882.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, RICHARDSON William Mutford 4a 1006.
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "England & Wales, FreeBMD Death Index: 1837-1915 about Elizabeth Lovewell Blake
Name: Elizabeth Lovewell Blake
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1814
Date of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 1901
Age at Death: 87
Registration district: Yarmouth
Inferred County: Norfolk
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Blake Garson James Mutford &c 13 431.