Christopher Elijah Charles Beales
#1145, b. 7 March 1887, d. 12 December 1937
- Father: (Archer) Christopher Beales b. 25 Dec 1847, d. 22 Dec 1894
- Mother: Margaret Elizabeth Brackenbury b. 9 Dec 1849, d. 6 Dec 1929
- Relationships: Grandfather of Sister Susan :-), 3rd great-uncle of Cousin Sarah Louise :-)
- Charts: Pedigree (indented), Pedigree (indented), BALES, John (1762) descendant chart, PATTERSON, John (b1770) descendant chart, James KNIGHTS Descendent Chart (new style), Pedigree Chart Susan (Beales)
- Birth: Christopher Elijah Charles Beales was born on 7 March 1887 in Row 119, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England, certificate reads 7th March 1887 in Row 119 a boy Christopher Elijah Charles. Father Christopher BEALES mother Margaret Elizabeth formerly BRACKENBURY. Father's occupation was fisherman. Mother signed the register so she could write. The year is shown as 1888 on his school register.1
- (Admin_beneficiary) Probate: In 1893 Christopher Elijah Charles Beales became the administrator and/or the beneficiary named in the probate documents of Archer Christopher Beales; The estate was valued at £260.2
- Death of Father: His father (Archer) Christopher Beales died on 22 December 1894 in North Sea on board the Teazer.
- Marriage: Christopher Elijah Charles Beales married Ellen Elizabeth Patterson, daughter of Matthew James Patterson and Alice Bonner, on Saturday, 13 June 1914 in Registry Office, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England, when they were 27 years, 3 months and 6 days ~&~ 22 years, 10 months and 14 days old. Certificate reads 13th June 1914 Christopher BEALES 28 year old bachelor general labourer of number 5 row 23 and Ellen Elizabeth PATTERSON 22-year-old spinster of number 2 row 106 married by certificate in the registry office by Alber MOOR. The ceremony was witnessed by J G PITCHER and 'RASTOGARTH'. The certificate we have appears to be a photocopy of the original, so the signatures are as they were made by the witnesses, not a transcription. The Groom's father was Christopher BEALES deceased fisherman and the Bride's father was Matthew PATTERSON engineer.1,3
- Death of Mother: His mother Margaret Elizabeth Beales died on 6 December 1929 in 150a Caister Road (The Workhouse), Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England.1
- Death: Christopher died on 12 December 1937 in 27 Row 97, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England, Certificate reads 12th Dec 1937 27 Row 97 UD. Christopher Charles Elijah BEALS male aged 50 years a general labourer. Cause of death was carcinoma of the tongue (certified). H BEALES widow of the deceased was present at the death. (Aged 50 years, 9 months and 5 days, worked back from recorded birth date).1
- Burial: He was buried on 17 December 1937 in Caister Borough Cemetery Plot G 88, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England.4
- Note: Christopher and Ellen are the 2nd step great grandparents of Madison.
- Occupation: Christopher was a stevedore, and a boxing champion of eastern counties around 1910. He also saved the life of a child when one of the row houses caught fire.
- Education: In 1894-1898 Christopher Elijah Charles Beales was educated in Northgate Boy's School. From Runham Infants.5
- Anecdote: Saved the life of a child in a fire.
- Event-Misc: He was a Boxing champion of the Eastern Counties in 1910 in Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England.
- Residence: In 1935 Christopher Elijah Charles and Ellen lived in 27 Row 97, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England.6
Children of Christopher Elijah Charles Beales and Ellen Elizabeth Patterson
- Alice Beales8 b. Jun 1915, d. Jun 1915
- Christopher Alexander Beales+ b. 7 Mar 1917, d. Jul 2006
- William M Beales b. 1918, d. b 2010
- Valentine James Beales b. Mar 1920, d. 1941
- Dorothy E Beales+ b. Jun 1922, d. c 2009
- George C Beales+ b. 1924, d. Apr 2014
- Basil Stanley Beales+ b. Nov 1926, d. 2013
- Mildred Beales9 b. Dec 1928, d. Dec 1928
- Dennis Theodore Beales
- Mary E J Beales10 b. Jun 1930, d. Dec 1930
- Michael Oliver Beales
- Norman Lesley Beales
- Brian A Beales
- Copies of original certificates and docs.
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "
England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1966 about Archer Bales
Name: Archer Bales
Probate Date: 15 Apr 1893
Death Date: 3 Feb 1893
Death Place: Suffolk, England
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "Name: Christopher Beales
Death Age: 50
Birth Date: abt 1887
Death Date: abt 1937
Death Place: No 27 Row 97
Burial Date: 17 Dec 1937
Burial Place: Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England
Cemetery Section: G
Grave Number: 88
Interment Number: 7515
Cemetery Notes: Consecrated."
- Find my past web sites, online http://www.findmypast.com or http://www.findmypast.com.au, First name(s) Archie
Last name Beales
Birth year 1889
Birth date 03 Feb 1889
Event year 1898
School name Northgate Boys School
Town Great Yarmouth
Parent name(s) Elizabeth Beales
Book type Admissions
Archive reference Y_ED_420
Folio / page no. -
Archive Norfolk Record Office
Record set National School Admission Registers & Log-books 1870-1914
Category Education & work
Subcategory Schools & education
Collections from United Kingdom.
- Conclusion of, Shirley.
- Michael Teun, The Rows of Great Yarmouth.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, 4b/3.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Beales Mildred Beales Yarmuth 4b/46
Beales Mildred 0 Yarmouth 4b 31.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Beales Mary E J Patterson Yarmouth 4b 4
Beales Mary E J 0 Yarmouth 4b 5.