#1167, b. 1837, d. 2 March 1921
- Father: William (Damaris) Blake1 b. 1801, d. 23 Jun 1844
- Mother: Honour Chittock b. 1808, d. 4 Apr 1868
- Relationships: 2nd great-grandfather of Sister Susan :-), 4th great-grandfather of My granddaughter Madison :-D, 3rd great-grandfather of Cousin Sarah Louise :-)
- Charts: Pedigree (compressed), Pedigree (paged), Pedigree (wide), Pedigree (indented), Pedigree (compressed), Pedigree (paged), Pedigree (wide), Pedigree (indented), Blake (Sibton) descendant chart, Culling descendant chart, Culling descendent chart (new style), Pedigree Chart Shirley (Blake)
- Birth: William Blake was born in 1837 in Diss, Norfolk, England, confirmed that this is correct birth place, as a William born in Diss in 1837 is with Herbert Blake as his father in the 1891 census.1
- Death of Father: His father William (Damaris) Blake died on 23 June 1844 in Poringland, Norfolk, England.2
- Marriage: William Blake married Rebecca Elizabeth Everett, daughter of Robert Last Everett and Elizabeth Hephzibah Cunningham, on Monday, 29 September 1862 in North Quay, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England, when they were 25 years ~&~ 18 years, 5 months and 15 days old. The ages as quoted on marriage certificate says William is 23 and Rebecca is 21. In actuality Rebecca is 18, and William should have been (if born in 1837) 25. At the time of the marriage, they were both living at the same address. Earlier, in 1861, William was living in Rebecca's family house as a servant. Maybe they eloped, and did not have parent's permission.1,3,4
- Death of Mother: His mother Honour Warren died on 4 April 1868 in Norfolk, England.
- (Widow) Death: In 1879, at the age of 42 years, William was left a widower by the death of Rebecca Elizabeth Blake; Of Diarrhoea for 1 month. She does not appear in the St Nicholas Burial Register.1,4
- Marriage of Son: His child Herbert George Blake was married on 2 March 1891 in St Andrew's Parish Church, Gorleston, Norfolk, England.4
- Death: William died on 2 March 1921 in 6 row 51, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England, of senile decay. Laura his daughter was present at death (Aged 84 years, worked back from recorded birth date).1,4
- Burial: He was buried in 1921 in Gorleston Cemetery plot J619, Gorleston, Norfolk, England.1
- Occupation: William was a miller.5
Children of William Blake and Rebecca Elizabeth Everett
- Letter, Jean Eastoe to Shirley Elrick, 11/4/1999.
- Certificate or Original Parish Reg Entry, Extract from original records, Copy received from Jean Eastoe.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com
- Copies of original certificates and docs.
- Letter, Jean Eastoe to Shirley Elrick, 11/4/1999, On marriage certificate.